PDA

View Full Version : The fans have spoken (a letter to JR)

gosox41
07-16-2003, 01:43 AM
During the intros to the All Star game, Manuel received a lot of boos. JR, the fans have spoken. Can you hear them all the way up their in your ivory tower? The Sox have a chance to win. The fans see this, even KW sees this and he misses a lot. Manuel is preventing this team from from reaching their mazimum potential. If the team wins, more fans show up to your ballpark and you make more money. It's a relatively simple equation winning=money.

So now that the All Star game is over, get over your fetish of not firing a manager when the All Star game is in your town. It's time.

You may think you know baseball, but your 23 years of ownership has done nothing but produce 3 division titles and not even a home playoff win to show for it. You need to remove your ego from the job. You may think you're going to show us fans how winning is done because you think you actually had something to do with the Bulls success. You may think you're going to smoke a stogie at the next clinching party and tell us fans how right you are like you did in 2000. But I doubt it. You're more likely going to prove people like me (and many others) how clueless you are when it comes to winning. You let too many other variables prevent you from winning (ie loyalty, stubborness, ego) and in the long run all it's costing you is a ton of cash.

So JR, open up that big fat mouth of yours...you know the one you opened in 1994 to talk about how Hawkish you were on a baseball strike. Then try to swallow your massive ego and get a clue for once. Only a dumba** owner of a professional sports franchise would pass up a chance to win hwne you know it could make you a ton more money. That alone puts you into a very select group of idiots. So when you're done basking in the glow of the All Star game, try to find time to build a winning team instead of running this team like a second class organization.

Bob

valposoxfan
07-16-2003, 01:45 AM
Ah freaking Men. I have a feeling JR is in for a reality check very soon if he wasn't swayed by the booing tonight. We'll how he feels in two weeks when we once again get killed on the road...

34 Inch Stick
07-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I agree with the firing.

However it was a disgrace for Sox fans to boo their own in an All Star game.

TornLabrum
07-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I agree with the firing.

When you feel as disenfranchised by the owner and by the local and national media as Sox fans do, booing is the only recourse some feel they have.

Clarkdog
07-16-2003, 10:35 AM
I agree with the firing.

After an underachieving first half, topped of by a 3-7 road trip against some of the worst teams in baseball, to not boo him in his first home appearance since the road trip would have been disingenuious.

It is unfortunate that it happened on a stage as big as the All-Star Game, because he is a decent person, but he is in part responsible for where this team is, and he is not doing a good job. He brought it on himself.

kittle42
07-16-2003, 10:50 AM
How can you say it was a disgrace to boo "their own?" Who in the hell wants JM around anyway? What are we, Cub fans who have to cheer anything that crawls into one of our team's uniforms?

Hangar18
07-16-2003, 11:07 AM
I wouldve liked to see just Uncomfortable Silence instead....
that "wouldve spoke volumes" (JManuel term) instead of the
booing, but hey, were SOX Fans and were sick and tired of
watching this season drain away, when we should be WINNING THIS DIVISION.

Foulke You
07-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Reinsdorf was asked yesterday on Mac, Jerko, & Harry posed the question that if Sox fans got so fed up with Manuel and there was massive booing of Jerry Manuel during the All Star Game would it sway his opinion on making a decision to replace the manager?

JR's response was "well, they used to boo Jerry Krause all the time and that never swayed me. He would still be here too if it wasn't for his health".

I took that as he doesn't really care about Sox fan's opinions (or fan's opinions in general) of him and his management group which is pretty evident in the product he has put on the field the past 20 years.

SluggersAway
07-16-2003, 03:00 PM
It is impossible for JR to speak frankly about whether or not booing would effect any decisions he makes. Obviously they do, how much of a difference I don't know, but JR's number one priority is producing a product that consumers will accept and support with their pocket books.

I say boo on, White Sox fans are the best!!!

Dan H
07-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Let's forget about the booing issue and remember what is really important. Mr. Reinsdorf, it is time to do something. To sit on your hands and do nothing and extend the World Series futility is inexcusable. You don't even know what we fans think. Just look in the paper and look at what your won-loss record. That should be more than enough to sway you.

gosox41
07-16-2003, 06:10 PM
I agree with the firing.

It's more of a disgrace to see such an inompetent manager as JM still wearing a White Sox uniform.

What you saw last night was 5 1/2 years of frustration. From the WFT to the rebuilding, to being a year ahead of schedule, to underperfoming in 2001-2003 to hitting .245 as a team BA.

JM should be booed mercielessly everytime he steps out of the dugout.

Bob

Jerko
07-16-2003, 06:16 PM
I booed Manuel and it was great! I don't feel sorry for him. Does he feel sorry for me every time he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory or makes some dumbass move that directly costs the team a victory? I don't think so. You know what, if he gets fired I'll go sleep in the dugout and he can boo me for a while if that will make him feel better.