PDA

View Full Version : tribunes red eye

soxwon
07-16-2003, 12:59 AM
on the way to the game i picked up the RED EYE, these jerks from the tribune printed such crap as:
oh theres 4 cardinals in the starting lineup against Loiza whos a white sox. the score will be 5-0 nationals after 1 inning.
and such crap as
in the warmup batting practice yesterday, both teams wore there respective lleague jerseys not the usual team jerseys so it was hard to tell who was who!
but its ok its a way to cover up a devil ray, a met, a padre, and 3 white sox.
what kinda **** is this?
these muthers are so pissed its OUR allstar game, i shouldnt be upset but it burns me when i read this.
what do you think?
da reverand

VeeckAsInWreck
07-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Rev,

I wouldn't worry about that crappy newspaper. It is basically the "Trib" lite, for those who find the Tribune or Sun-Times too challenging to read.
Sports Illlustrated For Kids or a Happy Meal box are written with more sophisticated words than the Red Eye.

:woo-woo
The Red Eye is the only paper I read!

Brian26
07-16-2003, 02:11 PM
The Red Eye continues to make ridiculous mistakes. This morning they wrote that last night's crowd was the largest since Oct 5, 1999 for Game 1 of the ALCS. Obviously they meant 1993, but is nobody capable of proof-reading this before it's posted? Looks very unprofessional.