PDA

View Full Version : Would-be D.C. fan jealous of Sox

jortafan
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Just stumbled across this while checking out the Rev. Moon's flagship newspaper.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/loverro.htm

While I realize his real point is to complain about the lack of baseball in Washington (which I would agree with him), his dragging the White Sox into the argument is just pathetic. I actually got a chuckle from reading the piece. Thought it was worth sharing with all of you.

DC Sox Fan
07-15-2003, 02:00 PM
point 1- the Washington Times is a complete way-the-hell-out-in-right-field joke. The post is the only legitimate publication in town

point 2- he's just jealous. I'd love to see an NL team here, and I'd love to see them ram it up Pete Angelos' ass. But the SOX have always been and always will be my #1 team. I'm guessing this loser brought them into it b/c of the all-star game and seeing how poorly the Sox are treated by the press in ChiTown.

xil357
07-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Just stumbled across this while checking out the Rev. Moon's flagship newspaper.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/loverro.htm

While I realize his real point is to complain about the lack of baseball in Washington (which I would agree with him), his dragging the White Sox into the argument is just pathetic. I actually got a chuckle from reading the piece. Thought it was worth sharing with all of you.

The Washington Times is a two-bit right wing rag and the writer is just another yuppie jag-bag who doesn't want to be left out of the profit motive pro-Cubs national media circle-jerk.

I say move the Twins to Washington. That's where they were before. Strip the franchise from Pohlad. Then, contract the D-Rays and the Expos, or better yet, move one of them to Havana and the other to suburban New York to cut into Steinbrenner's market share.

fledgedrallycap
07-15-2003, 02:17 PM
There is no question that guy is an idiot. Go ahead and join the national bandwagon of bashing the White Sox, but to take it to the city itself by asking what's so special about Chicago? And when comparing it to Washington? That's just funny...

TheRockinMT
07-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by xil357
The Washington Times is a two-bit right wing rag and the writer is just another yuppie jag-bag who doesn't want to be left out of the profit motive pro-Cubs national media circle-jerk.

I say move the Twins to Washington. That's where they were before. Strip the franchise from Pohlad. Then, contract the D-Rays and the Expos, or better yet, move one of them to Havana and the other to suburban New York to cut into Steinbrenner's market share.

******* YOU MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE ********

Instead on contracting teams why doesn't Selig offer them to locations who really want and will support baseball? The twinks back to DC and the Expos to Portland, or somewhere.

MarkEdward
07-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
******* YOU MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE ********

Instead on contracting teams why doesn't Selig offer them to locations who really want and will support baseball? The twinks back to DC and the Expos to Portland, or somewhere.

The fans of Minnesota do support the Twins, and the team shouldn't be moved. Portland is too small.

If it were up to me, I'd keep baseball in Montreal. Move the Rays to Washington, because I do believe that DC needs a team.

southpaw40
07-15-2003, 04:17 PM
This is not a comment on your thread, jortafan, just some information for you. I assume you are a fan of Jorge Orta, Sox second baseman from several years back.
If case you don't know, he is the manager of the Martinsville Astros of the Appalachian League (Rookie league). Saw him on local TV last night giving an interview about his team.
If you did know, sorry to take up space in your thread!

jortafan
07-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by southpaw40
This is not a comment on your thread, jortafan, just some information for you. I assume you are a fan of Jorge Orta, Sox second baseman from several years back.
If case you don't know, he is the manager of the Martinsville Astros of the Appalachian League (Rookie league). Saw him on local TV last night giving an interview about his team.
If you did know, sorry to take up space in your thread!

Actually, I did NOT know what had become of him.

Good to hear he's still in organized baseball in the U.S. Thanks for the update.

SluggersAway
07-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Wallow in the glory of hatred and jealousy. I am amused that everyone seems so pained by the existence of the Sox. I say lighten up and be the devil everyone thinks we already are.