PDA

View Full Version : Anybody See Grace on the Hot Seat

Meixner007
07-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Did anybody see this. I've never seen a more forced polite answer involving the cubs or sosa. Anybody else's thoughts? I can't wait unitl he retires...he's gonna rip them to $hit

cheeses_h_rice
07-15-2003, 02:31 AM
I thought his answer about his stint with the Cubs (having the most hits in the '90s with them, and whether or not it was 'wasted') was probably the correct answer to give. I mean, *he* got those hits, so they couldn't really be a waste, could they?

But yeah, his answer about being 'shocked' about Sham-ME*'s corking seemed very, very canned, as well as saying what he said about not being upset at Sham-ME* about the 'rift' between them after he left.

Deep down, you just know Grace thinks he's an ass.

DrCrawdad
07-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I thought his answer about his stint with the Cubs (having the most hits in the '90s with them, and whether or not it was 'wasted') was probably the correct answer to give. I mean, *he* got those hits, so they couldn't really be a waste, could they?

But yeah, his answer about being 'shocked' about Sham-ME*'s corking seemed very, very canned, as well as saying what he said about not being upset at Sham-ME* about the 'rift' between them after he left.

Deep down, you just know Grace thinks he's an ass.

Grace is positioning himself for a Cubbie broadcaster job. Most likely Grace will take Santo's seat.

B. Diddy
07-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Grace is positioning himself for a Cubbie broadcaster job. Most likely Grace will take Santo's seat.

I don't know about that. He made some disparaging comments about them after signing with the D-backs (something along the lines of "they don't care about winning") and took another jab at them after winning the WS ("I wasn't good enough to be the starting 1st baseman for the Cubs, but I'm good enough to be the starting 1st baseman for the world champions.").

I wouldn't doubt he'd be an announcer, but I'd say that ESPN or FOX are better bet than the Cubs. I can't see him being a Cubbie apologist wiener like Santo or Chimp.

Hangar18
07-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Meixner007
Did anybody see this. I've never seen a more forced polite answer involving the cubs or sosa. Anybody else's thoughts? I can't wait unitl he retires...he's gonna rip them to $hit

Im telling you .....he'd be good for a Sox Announcer Job....

Fisk72
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I'm not sure what it is about Grace that you'd think he'd be a good announcer for the Sox, considering he didn't even play for us and was a Flub! Of course, I vaguely remember back when we had Don Drysdale help call the games.

xil357
07-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

With Fisk as manager and Bo Jackson and the Chairman, to allow JR to step back into the less public CEO role.

Should this be in teal ?

Oh well.

One for Fisk :gulp:

One for Bo :gulp:

One for JR :gulp:

And one for me :angry::

:gulp: :gulp:

WhiteSoxWinner
07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by xil357
With Fisk as manager and Bo Jackson and the Chairman, to allow JR to step back into the less public CEO role.

Should this be in teal ?

Nope. Deep pink is more appropriate.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-15-2003, 02:07 PM
i say grace ends up on baseball tonight.

FJA
07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
i say grace ends up on baseball tonight.

I agree. His knowledge and humor is tailor-made for BBTN.