PDA

View Full Version : big bobble heads


pl8ump1012
07-15-2003, 12:29 AM
So a couple weeks ago, I was at Navy Pier and saw the big (life size) Atlanta braves bobble head doll.
Being the moron that I am, I didn't put two and two together to realize that it was probably something for the ASG until I saw it tonight on the jumbotron at the HR-Derby. They showed a bunch of them all over Chicago, but I never caught the one for the sox. Does anyone know if there is one? Where is it?
Good times tonight at my first ever non-regular season baseball event (if thats a way to categorize it). Looking forward to tomorrow as well.

Fisk Fan
07-15-2003, 07:32 AM
The Sox bobble head is at Comiskey along with the All-Star version. I'm not sure if there are any others at the park.

Hangar18
07-15-2003, 07:41 AM
The SOX bobblehead is by the Ticket Windows...
facing 35th street....

Fisk72
07-15-2003, 08:14 AM
I went out to eat downtown on Friday and saw the American League one outside of the Sportmart on LaSalle missing it's head. Of course, yesterday, I had to see another one at the LaSalle train station missing it's head, too! Geez, talk about a good reputation that gives our city. You'd think they would've been able to make them tamper-proof. There's always going to be some nuts out there, but how would you feel if you came in town to see the All Star Game and your hometown team's bobblehead is missing it's head?!! I must say though, the first time I saw them, I was a bit freaked out. Some are a bit scary looking and wouldn't suprise me to reach out and grab somebody walking by! :)

pl8ump1012
07-15-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
The Sox bobble head is at Comiskey along with the All-Star version. I'm not sure if there are any others at the park.


Originally posted by Hangar18
The SOX bobblehead is by the Ticket Windows...
facing 35th street....

makes sense...would have been the obvious answer i guess. :)
thanks for the help

Hangar18
07-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I went out to eat downtown on Friday and saw the American League one outside of the Sportmart on LaSalle missing it's head. Of course, yesterday, I had to see another one at the LaSalle train station missing it's head, too! Geez, talk about a good reputation that gives our city. You'd think they would've been able to make them tamper-proof. There's always going to be some nuts out there, but how would you feel if you came in town to see the All Star Game and your hometown team's bobblehead is missing it's head?!! I must say though, the first time I saw them, I was a bit freaked out. Some are a bit scary looking and wouldn't suprise me to reach out and grab somebody walking by! :)

Thats Terrible. That does make us look bad

pl8ump1012
07-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18


Thats Terrible. That does make us look bad



Think the Chub fans will use it against us? Most likely, but I'm still assuming that it was them who did it. :)

A.T. Money
07-15-2003, 09:20 AM
White Sox - Nike Town (Michigan Ave)
White Sox - John Hancock Center (Michigan Ave)
Cubs - Nike Town (Across from Sox one)
Marlins - Between Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum
Diamondbacks - Lincoln Park Zoo (outside of reptile house)
Expos - Grandstand (35th and Wallace)
Padres - Nordstroms (Michigan Ave)
Rockies - Chipotle (Michigan Ave)
A's - Morton's Steak House (State St)
Orioles - Ed DeBevics
Rangers - Chicago Mercantile Exchange
Pirates - Nordstroms (Michigan Ave)
2003 All-Star - U.S. Cellular Field
Phillies - Nordstrom (1st floor - Michigan Ave)
Royals - Nordstrom (1st floor - Michigan Ave)
American League - Sportmart (LaSalle St)
Yankees - ESPN Zone (Ohio St)
National League - Sportmart (Clark St)
Red Sox - Smith & Wollensky (State St)
Devil Rays - Allen Lee Square Park, Chinatown
Blue Jays - Buckingham Fountain
Mets - Sears Tower Skydeck Entrance
Braves - Navy Pier
Dodgers - 311 S. Wacker Dr.
Cardinals - 520 N. Michigan Ave.
Tigers - Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (inside)
Giants - Chicago Historical Society (Clark St)
Mariners - Museum of Science and Industry
Brewers - 500 W. Madison (upstairs)
Indians - 500 W. Madison
Twins - Robert Morris College
Reds - Graham Cracker Comics
Angels - 2 N. State St.

Go to Chicagosports.com, look on the right side for more details and pictures.

valposoxfan
07-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah there are actually three White Sox bobble heads. And, as weird as this may seem, the headless bobblehead is missing it's head on purpose. No one really knows why but it was made like that. Don't worry it wasn't vandalized. Our city is fine. :D:

Fisk72
07-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Yeah there are actually three White Sox bobble heads. And, as weird as this may seem, the headless bobblehead is missing it's head on purpose. No one really knows why but it was made like that. Don't worry it wasn't vandalized. Our city is fine. :D:

The photo gallery does show there to be at least one purposely without a head (probably broke when shipped or something) but I saw the AL one outside the Sportmart with it's head early last week and it was stolen by the time I spotted it w/o the head Friday night.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-15-2003, 12:16 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2003-06/8235555.jpg

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2003-05/7987141.jpg