PDA

View Full Version : More Twinkie injury problems?

WinningUgly!
07-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Twins third baseman Corey Koskie could face a stretch on the disabled list if his suddenly sore low back doesn't improve by the end of the all-star break.

Koskie, who left Friday's game in the fourth inning because of worsening pain, is expected to see Dr. John Steubs, the team physician, today in the Twin Cities to diagnose the latest source of the pain.

"I'm a little worried about him," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said before Sunday's game, "because he said this isn't like the last time. Originally, we thought it was just a little strain."
The Twins got a brief scare in the fourth inning Sunday when starting pitcher Kyle Lohse felt a slight twinge in his throwing wrist while throwing a pitch. After a look by the trainer and two warm-up pitches, he was deemed fine and continued to pitch.

The pitching quality was another matter as Lohse struggled to keep the ball down and endured his sixth straight start of five or fewer innings (four).

Linky. (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/baseball/mlb/minnesota_twins/6297645.htm)

Twins8791
07-15-2003, 12:08 AM
You forgot two more...

Joe Mays' pitching woes have been recently attributed to a new affliction called "Konerko Hip" and Manager Ron Gardenhire is denying rumors that he will be off the bench for a few games being treated for "Manuel Shifting".
Both ailments cause a person to be unable to use talent to its full potential.

oheeoh...magglio
07-15-2003, 12:11 AM
all i can say is the twins turning into a M.A.S.H. unit can only help our chances in this god awful division... :)

WhiteSoxWinner
07-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
all i can say is the twins turning into a M.A.S.H. unit can only help our chances in this god awful division... :)

Pretty sad that we have to rely on injury to help us to the division title.

:jerry

Now, if only some of the Royals would go down, we wouldn't need to be .500 to win the division.