PDA

View Full Version : Softball Game

Lip Man 1
07-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Personally I enjoyed watching the softball game more then the home run contest.

Maybe it's because it was White Sox themed. Also enjoyed seeing Goose again (and no that wasn't an actual 1972 jersey...the number on the back was to small.) and Black Jack.

Bo's put on a few pounds hasn't he? Harold still looks like he's in shape.

As far as Kenny (The Idiot) Mayne, Jimmy Kimmel and the rest of the "so called" big name entertainers, I can do without them.

Lip

RedPinStripes
07-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Personally I enjoyed watching the softball game more then the home run contest.

Maybe it's because it was White Sox themed. Also enjoyed seeing Goose again (and no that wasn't an actual 1972 jersey...the number on the back was to small.) and Black Jack.

As far as Kenny (The Idiot) Mayne, Jimmy Kimmel and the rest of the "so called" big name entertainers, I can do without them.

Lip

Offiical or not, I'm lovin te Goose's jersey. Kinda funny i would like that one huh? :cool:

Mammoo
07-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Silly **** Jim McMahon participated...could have done without that!

MarqSox
07-14-2003, 10:34 PM

Lip

Mayne's humor is definitely an acquired taste. However, having met him, I can say he's the exact same off camera as he is on. Really nice guy too.

Fisk72
07-14-2003, 10:37 PM

I just was watching the game on ESPN and I haven't seen Ernie Banks in a while, but man, he gained some weight. I was thinking perhaps it was the medical condition that Jerry Lewis has. Or perhaps he just packed it on. Anybody else notice this or know what's up?

WinningUgly!
07-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
Silly **** Jim McMahon participated...could have done without that! Yeah. What's with him wearing the O's Jersey?

MarqSox
07-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Yeah. What's with him wearing the O's Jersey?

It was actually some hideous throwback Giants jersey. Didn't understand that one either.

1951Campbell
07-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Firestone's fiance...how should I put this...suffice to say she made a persuasive argument for peace.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
It was actually some hideous throwback Giants jersey. Didn't understand that one either.

I'm pretty sure he's a California kid. I would have liked to see him in the old Bears Jersey. Would have made a lot of fans happy.

39thandWallace
07-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Good to see them pull out the 16" for an inning. I didn't like the celebrity thing much either, an all old timer game would have been cool. All in all it was a good time.

Thunderstruck30
07-14-2003, 11:54 PM
I really enjoyed the softball game more than the derby. It was more exciting. But I think they need some better celebrities. Some of those people I didnt know who they were. And why do they always have to have a few females who dont seem to have ever played softball once in their life?

Konerkoholic
07-15-2003, 12:02 AM
I think they had two softball players there. Too bad they didn't get Jenny Finch. Anyway, I liked that they had some good ex ballplayers. I also think I can live with it if Trista Rhen, Sarah Silverman and Shannon Elizabeth are no good at sports if they look that good playing them. :D:

TornLabrum
07-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I just was watching the game on ESPN and I haven't seen Ernie Banks in a while, but man, he gained some weight. I was thinking perhaps it was the medical condition that Jerry Lewis has. Or perhaps he just packed it on. Anybody else notice this or know what's up?

The short answer is that Ernie put his weight on mostly in one location, and he sits on it.

Also, it looked to me from Row 26 of the upper deck that "Bo knows buffet."