PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Memorable First-Half White Sox Moments

RKMeibalane
07-14-2003, 09:08 PM
The first half of the 2003 season has come to close. With that in mind, I would like each of you to share some of your most memorable moments from the first half, both good and bad.

Here are mine:

The Good:

1. Frank Thomas re-establishing himself as one of baseball's best hitters.

2. Esteban Loaiza earning the start for the American League in the All Star Game, after finishing with an 11-5 record.

3. Miguel Olivo flashing the potential that may someday enable him to become the best all-around catcher in baseball.

The Bad:

1. Manuel continuing to "tinker" with the lineup.

2. Kenny Williams claiming that the Sox are "built for the long-haul."

3. Jerry Reinsdorf sitting on his ass and doing nothing, even though the team has underachieved.

OEO Magglio
07-14-2003, 09:15 PM
I think my two favorite moments so far this year have to be:

1. Jose's homer against the scrubs to win the game in the bottom of the 9th.
2. Frank's homer in the 12th in the last game against the twins, that was setup by PK's homer in the 11th.

DonkeyKongerko
07-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Joe Crede has had his ups and down. But lets not forget he and maybe D'Angelo were the only people on this team that could hit for the first couple weeks of the season. Joe C. is also the best defensive 3B we have had here well since Robin.

SoxxoS
07-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Joe Crede has had his ups and down. But lets not forget he and maybe D'Angelo were the only people on this team that could hit for the first couple weeks of the season. Joe C. is also the best defensive 3B we have had here well since Robin.

Does Greg Norton ring a bell?

DonkeyKongerko
07-14-2003, 11:01 PM
Remind me again why Hawk and Wimpy liked Norton so much? I remember one time he tried to catch a foul ball by the dugout and tripped or something. The next minute or so you couldn't hear anything but "NAWWTIN, YOURE THE GREATEST". I mean come on, Joe C. deserves at least half the praise Norton got.

Thunderstruck30
07-15-2003, 12:06 AM
My favorite moment was Franks walk off homer vs the Twins to give us the sweep. I dont know what could beat that.

jcw218
07-15-2003, 01:50 AM
My personal favorite was the first game of the Sox/cubs series. Beating the cubs by a score of 12-3, batting around in the first inning, and scoring 6 runs capped by Miguel's grand slam.