PDA

View Full Version : Rogers On Sox Managerial Situation

Lip Man 1
07-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Phil Rogers of the Tribune has a column today on the Sox managerial situation.

The names being prominently mentioned are Carlton Fisk, Wally Backman and Jim Fregosi.

I recommend reading it.

Lip

A.T. Money
07-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Link?

voodoochile
07-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Link?

Fisk Manages to Have Fun (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-030713rogersallstar,1,2943798.column?coll=cs-columnists)

hose
07-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Phil Rogers of the Tribune has a column today on the Sox managerial situation.

The names being prominently mentioned are Carlton Fisk, Wally Backman and Jim Fregosi.

I recommend reading it.

Lip

Fergosi is a active scout so I think he would have a better clue as to what the opposing teams tendencies are where Backman would have to go by Nossek's recommendations

A.T. Money
07-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks.

Mammoo
07-14-2003, 04:39 PM
There is no way that CF gets the Chicago job. As a matter of fact, the mere mention of his name as a candidate is an insult to all clear thinking White Sox fans (yes, there are some these days).

Reminds me of all the hullabaloo raised by Bear fans pining for Mike Singletary taking over for Dick Jauron during last season's fiasco.

Singletary learned that he was required to pay his dues as will Fisk and his legion of wild eyed supporters. Besides Ken Williams is too smart to entrust the team to Fisk at this stage of the season.