PDA

View Full Version : Has "The Tinkerer" Learned?

Lip Man 1
07-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Manuel has some changes in store for his Sox after the break. First and foremost, he said he plans to use more of a set lineup, provided Paul Konerko can rebound from his dismal first half.

Through the first 95 games of 2003, Manuel has used 86 different lineups.

"When we know that we're heading down the stretch, a lot will depend on a guy like Konerko," Manuel said. "If Konerko comes back and swings the bat, then we can have a set type of thing.

"But for the most part, it will be (Carl) Everett, (Carlos) Lee and (Magglio) Ordonez in the outfield. (Roberto) Alomar at second, (Jose) Valentin at short, Joe Crede, we'll probably mix in a few people (at third base) to give him a break coming down, and (Frank) Thomas, Konerko and (Brian) Daubach in that mix over (at first base and the designated hitter spot).

"I would say this is the time where guys ought to be fresh enough to make a push."

I'll believe it when I see it!!!!!

Lip

JJAustin69
07-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he says that now when he doesn't have a lineup to set in the next few days. He is an addict. Once he gets that lineup card in his hand he will have to get his "tinkering" fix.

Iguana775
07-14-2003, 01:15 PM
as long as Hurt is at 1B most of the time, I'll be happy.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
as long as Hurt is at 1B most of the time, I'll be happy.

Agreed. If I see Frank at DH, I will probably throw up.

SoxxoS
07-14-2003, 08:00 PM
If these rumors are true, he won't have a chance. :smile: :smile: :smile:

RKMeibalane
07-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I don't believe a word of this. Whenever Manuel says something these days, I assume that the opposite will happen, because that has become the general pattern for events that occur in White Sox land. Manuel says he will stop tinkering, but I expect him to continue doing it. Knowing him, he probably has some more great ideas for new lineups after the 'break ends.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2003, 08:33 PM
He's full of ****. I've heard fans and announcers ask him on a regular baisis about the tinkering and the boob has said on more then 1 occasion that he basically stays with the same guys. No ****! But Manuel literally goes home and figures out how to use a different lineup any way possible. So it has taken this long to figure out that it doesnt work? he's he only moron in MLB who's done this. Never used the same lineup 2 days in a row this year! How much do you have to **** with everything? My little league coach didnt tinker this much when drunk , loudmouth, angry parents were yelling about their kid not playing.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
My little league coach didnt tinker this much when drunk , loudmouth, angry parents were yelling about their kid not playing.

Funny you should say that, because Manuel reminds me of a Little League manager with the way he screws around with the lineup. The worst is when players bitch and moan about playing time, so he gives into their demands.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Funny you should say that, because Manuel reminds me of a Little League manager with the way he screws around with the lineup. The worst is when players bitch and moan about playing time, so he gives into their demands.

He runs it like a little league team.

:jerry
"Keep everyboby fresh. If you go 3-4 , you need a days rest to forget everything you're doing right. "