PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens In

mandmandm
07-14-2003, 01:43 PM
He replaces Barry Zito.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Hooray! Another NY Yankee gets to go! Boy, those guys at MLB sure know what they are doing!

disclaimer:
I am fully aware that Clemens is a future HOF.

Foulke You
07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
I guess all the whining and crying out of the east coast about Clemens being "snubbed" paid off. Hey Yankees players, next time MLB lets players vote, you should try supporting your mates and vote if you want to see them in the game. Don't cry about it for a week after when half the Yankee team didn't think to vote and then get MLB to coddle the Yankees and get your guy into the game.

JJAustin69
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
They are used to Torre taking everything from New York but the kitchen sink to the All-Star game. Scioscia should have stuck it to them.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Wow, after reading the story on ESPN.com, it really looks like some shady dealing by MLB and the Commissioner's office (surprise surprise)

CHICAGO -- Roger Clemens replaced Barry Zito on the American League All-Star roster Monday, with the commissioner's office saying the Oakland left-hander was unable to pitch.

That was news to Zito, who found out he was off the roster while sitting with his All-Star teammates in a hotel ballroom, giving interviews.

"If I had some black-and-white explanation, it would make more sense,'' Zito said.

Full Article (http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar03/s/2003/0714/1580480.html)

mandmandm
07-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Bud Lite announced it on the national Dan Patrick show. This guy should not be running a lemonade stand, let alone the MLB.

harwar
07-14-2003, 03:17 PM
The super secret black ops org.(code name banditos yan-kees) privately funded by Stienbrenner is well know to an ol merc like myself.Earlier this week there was a rumor that Big Frank might get picked over Giambi but JR's own intel herded Big Frank out to Vegas to keep him out of harms way.

Hangar18
07-14-2003, 04:41 PM
What a Bunch of BS. I like that Sammy was kept off (for his own
good too, prevents him from getting Booed) but Cmon man.....
this is getting Ridiculous. Frank Thomas finishes SECOND
in the INTERNET VOTING....yet gets PASSED OVER for GIAMBI
who finishes THIRD. ZITO gets PASSED ON, while hes
at the HOTEL giving an All Star INterview ??? Hmmmmm
2 Extra YANKEES added to the roster suddenly ???
can you say C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y ?
NOTE to Moronotti: This qualifies as a Conspiracy, not the
junk you wrote in todays column. You are a big Waffler.
You write that its Suspect how Sammy suddenly isnt in the game,
but you understand that he shouldnt be in the game.
So which one?

WhiteSoxWinner
07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
2 Extra YANKEES added to the roster suddenly ???
can you say C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y ?

I don't know if Bud knows that word, but he sure does everything he can in the name of another word:
R-A-T-I-N-G-S.