PDA

View Full Version : Frank might be in the HR Derby after all...


hsnterprize
07-14-2003, 05:34 AM
I've been checking out the MLB.com list for HR Derby participants, and I noticed that there are only 7 confirmed names on the list instead of 8. For that 8th space, "TBA" is listed. I'm only speculating that Frank might be the "TBA" player, so don't say I'm definitely saying it's Frank. However, as a fan, I'd love to see him hit. That'll be some consolation for him not playing in the game.

DrCrawdad
07-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I've been checking out the MLB.com list for HR Derby participants, and I noticed that there are only 7 confirmed names on the list instead of 8. For that 8th space, "TBA" is listed. I'm only speculating that Frank might be the "TBA" player, so don't say I'm definitely saying it's Frank. However, as a fan, I'd love to see him hit. That'll be some consolation for him not playing in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sosa were to step in for the HRD.

MarqSox
07-14-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I've been checking out the MLB.com list for HR Derby participants, and I noticed that there are only 7 confirmed names on the list instead of 8. For that 8th space, "TBA" is listed. I'm only speculating that Frank might be the "TBA" player, so don't say I'm definitely saying it's Frank. However, as a fan, I'd love to see him hit. That'll be some consolation for him not playing in the game.

It'll either be Bonds or Sexson. At the very least, it will have to be a National Leaguer to even it out since there's already four Americans.

npdempse
07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Sexson's in. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/hr_derby.jsp

harwar
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Anyway Franks' long gone to his home away from home,Lost Wages,nevada

valposoxfan
07-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Ugh. I can't stand Sexson.

fquaye149
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
what a boring derby

garret anderson? consider my socks already knocked off

WhiteSoxWinner
07-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
what a boring derby

garret anderson? consider my socks already knocked off

No kidding. I just looked at the derby combatants, and let me just say, I am underwhelmed. I don't know if I will even bother watching.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2003, 06:20 PM
I won't be watching this. If MLB honestly belives that fans want to see these players in the 'Derby, they're out of their minds. I feel sorry for the people who bought tickets to the event. They're going to be dissapointed.

Jjav829
07-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I won't be watching this. If MLB honestly belives that fans want to see these players in the 'Derby, they're out of their minds. I feel sorry for the people who bought tickets to the event. They're going to be dissapointed.

This isn't MLB's fault. The biggest names turned them down. It's not like MLB didn't invite Arod, Bonds, and Sosa. Those 3 all turned them down. Vladdy is hurt. What are they supposed to do?

StepsInSC
07-14-2003, 07:41 PM
This might be old news, but Im stuck in Japan for a while so cut me some slack. How does MLB getting off inviting players who arn`t even on the all star team?

voodoochile
07-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
This might be old news, but Im stuck in Japan for a while so cut me some slack. How does MLB getting off inviting players who arn`t even on the all star team?

The same way the NBA allows guys to perform in the Slam dunk contest and 3-point contest without being in the ASG itself...

There's a difference between being a great player and a guy who can do one thing really really well...