PDA

View Full Version : 7 back of.......

MHOUSE
07-13-2003, 11:27 PM
.....Kansas City? Who'd have thunk at the break that we'd be a half game up on Minnesota and seven behind K.C.

The Twinkies have lost 8 straight and look like a shell of the defending champs they once were.

After seeming to come off their fluke high going 9-18, the Royals have come back to go 19-9 into the break behind the 5-0 Jose Lima. Wow.

Well now we have 4 days off to figure out a gameplan for the rest of July. I think July 30 will be do or die for a run at the pennant. If we can catch Minnesota, then KC can falter just as easily. Keep winning Sox, but not with Jerry.

MarqSox
07-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
.....Kansas City? Who'd have thunk at the break that we'd be a half game up on Minnesota and seven behind K.C.

That's key. IMO, 7 games back of KC is like 3 games back of any other team. KC very well may win this division, but mark my words, they will not run away with it.

mike squires
07-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I hate to say it but I don't think we have much of a chance. I really believe the past road trip broke our necks. It seems like that is our magic number. 7. It seems like that was what we hovered over so long in 2001. We just couldn't get over the hump. We will look back on this team and remember it as the most talented mediocre bunch of guys in baseball history. I don't see Colone, Everett or Lee on this team before the season is over...I hope they prove me wrong.

MHOUSE
07-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
I hate to say it but I don't think we have much of a chance. I really believe the past road trip broke our necks. It seems like that is our magic number. 7. It seems like that was what we hovered over so long in 2001. We just couldn't get over the hump. We will look back on this team and remember it as the most talented mediocre bunch of guys in baseball history. I don't see Colone, Everett or Lee on this team before the season is over...I hope they prove me wrong.

I think our biggest task will be to not beat ourselves. If we play over .500 baseball then I think down the stretch we can outrun the Royals who will have to come to earth for good sometime. I have a feeling that the Twinkies have passed the AL Central torch on, now it's up for grabs between us and KC.