PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Today

LuvSox
07-13-2003, 11:52 PM
I just got home from my day at FanFest/Futures game. I'm not one to give MLB or the Sox organization any credit, but a minor "hats off" is due today. Carlton Fisk had nothing but great things to say about us fans and the ballpark. The Legends softball game featured such Sox greats as Gossage, Baines & McDowell. (Jack & Goose the starting pitchers. Great to see Goose wearing the early '70's red & white striped jersey.) I really thought that the Sox had forgotten about their past, they don't honor it much. I felt a great deal of pride today seeing those guys and knowing they were in the national spotlight.

By the way, Ernie Banks is looking more and more like Ronnie Woo Woo every day.

LuvSox
07-13-2003, 11:56 PM
And Chris Chelios in a Sox jersey is cool any day of the week!!!!

Viva Magglio
07-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Cheli got booed big time. Except for people on the reality show (whatever it was), he got booed louder than anybody (even Ryne Sandberg!). I think the ex-Hawk's little flirtation with the archrival Red Wings is the reason.

The people who got the biggest cheers were Bo Jackson, Jack McDowell, Harold Baines, and Jim McMahon. And Ernie Banks got a good applause as well.

LuvSox
07-14-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Cheli got booed big time.

I don't understand that at all. There's not one person in Chicago that wouldn't want to leave Dollar Bill Wirtz. Give Cheli a break.

Nellie_Fox
07-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Chelios got traded. He didn't go via free agency. I've never understood booing him for being traded.

MarkEdward
07-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Chelios got traded. He didn't go via free agency. I've never understood booing him for being traded.

He plays for the Red Wings. Anyone who plays for Detroit Sucks gets booed. Justifiably so.

I'm sure that if the great Stan Mikita ever put on a Wings' jersey, he'd also get booed. And with good cause...

Viva Magglio
07-14-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

But when he got traded, Cheli said along the lines "Oh, it's great to be a Red Wing..." Hence, boos.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-14-2003, 02:03 AM
By the way, Ernie Banks is looking more and more like Ronnie Woo Woo every day.

Boy you ain't kidding! I was in sec.160 today and Ronnie Woo Woo was there. The sick part was that people were asking for his autograph!

SluggersAway
07-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Cheli is now Detroit scum, he couldnt of been happier leaving the hawks.

WhiteSox = Life
07-14-2003, 04:17 AM

I think some of the booing he received was due to the fact that last year he showed up at Wrigley Field and sung the 7th Inning Stretch, and of course, wearing the Scrubs jersey.

fquaye149
07-14-2003, 05:57 AM
i don't get this ronnie woowoo shpiel

when i saw him in person i thought he was a homeless guy until someone told me who he was,

and he goes to every home cubs game? 81 of them at 20 bucks or more for bleacher seats is a sizable chunk of change. is he subsidized since he's a monument at the monument or ***?

MarqSox
07-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
and he goes to every home cubs game? 81 of them at 20 bucks or more for bleacher seats is a sizable chunk of change. is he subsidized since he's a monument at the monument or ***?

I'm sure that either the Cubs or some pathetic fans buy him a ticket. I mean, he's an icon! Although, if he were a statue, maybe they could spray him down with a hose ...

whitesoxwilkes
07-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Although, if he were a statue, maybe they could spray him down with a hose ...

Or just topple him over.

gosox41
07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Boy you ain't kidding! I was in sec.160 today and Ronnie Woo Woo was there. The sick part was that people were asking for his autograph!

What's just as sad was watching the chick who is marrying that Firestone guy. She was hounded for pix. and autographs. Really pathetic. When Trista's fiance went to take a bathroom break there was a whole line of girls that wanted his autograph.

I don't get it. These guys are shlubs. But I don't watch that reality TV stuff anyway.

Bob

Procol Harum
07-14-2003, 09:56 AM
:woo-woo
"You White Sox fans just lack the class of Cubbie fans"

voodoochile
07-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i don't get this ronnie woowoo shpiel

when i saw him in person i thought he was a homeless guy until someone told me who he was,

Originally posted by MarqSox

I'm sure that either the Cubs or some pathetic fans buy him a ticket. I mean, he's an icon! Although, if he were a statue, maybe they could spray him down with a hose ...

Think of it as a faith based initiative. Or as Nellie has been talking about in the PL - people supporting the causes they want to...

:D:

VeeckAsInWreck
07-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
What's just as sad was watching the chick who is marrying that Firestone guy. She was hounded for pix. and autographs. Really pathetic. When Trista's fiance went to take a bathroom break there was a whole line of girls that wanted his autograph.

I don't get it. These guys are shlubs. But I don't watch that reality TV stuff anyway.

Bob

The funny thing is that those reality TV people were booed. I don't watch "prime time" TV and I had no clue who those people were until the fans next to me told me.
However that Firestone's fiance was pretty hot. I wouldn't ask for her autograph, but maybe her phone #!

:woo-woo
"Tell her to get with the real celebrity!"