PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Testing

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know when the second round of steroid testing was scheduled for? I thought it was in June.

The reason I ask is that I am wondering if recent successes by guys like Sosa and Konerko could be due to the fact that they can once again shoot up risk-free . I also noticed that Carl Everett's eyes were practically orange the other night (though it could have been the TV I suppose). Maybe Valentin's recent upsurge is connected also.

Just curious...

Fridaythe13thJason
07-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Does anyone know when the second round of steroid testing was scheduled for? I thought it was in June.

The reason I ask is that I am wondering if recent successes by guys like Sosa and Konerko could be due to the fact that they can once again shoot up risk-free . I also noticed that Carl Everett's eyes were practically orange the other night (though it could have been the TV I suppose). Maybe Valentin's recent upsurge is connected also.

Just curious...

I wouldn't put it past the MLB to just forget the second round..."see there were no problems the first time, so this issue was obviously created by the media. No need to continue wasting this money"

MarkEdward
07-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
I wouldn't put it past the MLB to just forget the second round..."see there were no problems the first time, so this issue was obviously created by the media. No need to continue wasting this money"

The issue *was* obviously created by the media.

FanOf14
07-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Why do you think Konerko and Valentin are shooting up? The Konerko hate around here is teetering on ridiculous now. I know the guy has sucked behind this first half, but please, accusing him of taking the juice. Physically, he has gained somewhere between 10-15 lbs since high school (using stats from a card made at the end of his senior year of HS). His problems more than likely stem from getting engaged/married. I've seen how my bf's friends changed/reacted to getting engaged and married and having their head up their behind was one of the reactions.

MikeKreevich
07-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Steroids can make you stronger, but they can't help you make better contact. Konerko shows no signs of steroid use like quick weight gain, new found cuts, or increased strength.

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 08:57 PM
I have no evidence. I was just curious by the recent upsurge in numbers posted by some people who have been discussed as possible users before. I was trying to find out what people knew about the steroid testing issue.

I'm not sure they can just blow off the second round of testing. It is built into the CBA. I am sure there are players who want the testing. If MLB doesn't follow through, those players have a legitimate gripe.