PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Sunday, 7-13 Vs. Jnjans

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Use this thread for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open...

Go Sox!

shelldweller
07-13-2003, 12:09 PM
There goes the one-hitter...

DrCrawdad
07-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I just was able to turn the game on TV. What's with the Turn-The-Clock-Back Uniforms? What year are they from? I'd guess 1967.

duke of dorwood
07-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Congrats on 1,000 posts. They are turning the clock back to 1953, when Al Rosen was MVP, so it must be from then. I always liked those hats with the white emblem surrounded in red

balboner
07-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Manuel's managerial strategies the last week have been awful. He deserves to be fired right now. Also, for the love of god, will Valentin not bat vs lefties. He has the worst swing I've ever seen batting righty.

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Can ANYONE explain why they pitched to Milton Bradley with first base open and the tying runs aboard in the 5th? Wasn't Garland struggling? Another brilliant move, Jerry...

RKMeibalane
07-13-2003, 02:13 PM
I see that Frank is the DH again. When is Manuel going to realize that Thomas needs to play first base on a regular basis. The statistics prove that Frank doesn't hit as well when he is the DH; therefore, wouldn't it make sense to play him at first?

Manuel must be trying to get fired, because there's no other reason I can think of that would explain half of what he does every day. The man is a complete idiot.

FoulTerritory
07-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Can ANYONE explain why they pitched to Milton Bradley with first base open and the tying runs aboard in the 5th? Wasn't Garland struggling? Another brilliant move, Jerry...

Wow, Hawk and DJ were majorly pissed off that they pitched to Bradley too. DJ repeatedly said "thats just not smart at all" while Hawk fumed relentlessly and unabashadly about the poor strategical decision. All comments of course directed not so indirectely at Manuel, even though his "name" was never mentioned.

And then we were privledged enough to see the Schmindian manager Wedge chew out Bradley to his face for bad baserunning . . . . and I couldn't help but envy their manager taking immediate and authoritarian issue with the Bradley's mistake. JM would never do such a thing as we all know.

SouthBendSox
07-13-2003, 02:19 PM
games

lowesox
07-13-2003, 02:21 PM

Actually, I thought Manuel's strategy in the 9th last night was the worst he's been all year. I can see pitching to him because you don't want to put the go-ahead run aboard.

lowesox
07-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Can anybody explain these lineups? Doesn't Manuel think that one possible reason why the offense is so inconsistent is because he never lets anybody get used to anything? And, didn't we give up a good portion of our farm system for Everett? How come he isn't playing?

I really used to like Manuel, but he is killing this team.

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Actually, I thought Manuel's strategy in the 9th last night was the worst he's been all year. I can see pitching to him because you don't want to put the go-ahead run aboard.

In the 5th inning? Man, that is dubious, IMO. Maybe in the 8th inning that is an issue, but in the 5th, you play to keep the lead you have and pitching to the best hitter in the Jnjans lineup is NOT the way to do that.

Wow, Hawk and DJ were majorly pissed off that they pitched to Bradley too. DJ repeatedly said "thats just not smart at all" while Hawk fumed relentlessly and unabashadly about the poor strategical decision. All comments of course directed not so indirectely at Manuel, even though his "name" was never mentioned.

The game isn't close captioned, so I had no idea. More evidence that JM is going to be dumped soon, IMO. The rhetoric from the team supported talking heads is definitely increasing. Hope Jerry has a lease he can get out of...

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Just got in... good to see the Sox with a chance... good to see Kornerko go 2 for 3 so far... great to see Maggs validate his all-star selection with a 3 rbi performance (so far) ...

GO SOX!!!

lowesox
07-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Hey, Paulie's looking good today and yesterday. Let's hope this means good things.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Who the hell is playing first base for us today? Looks like that one guy we had last year.

lowesox
07-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Why was Olivo batting when we had Daubach and Alomar on the bench?

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 02:46 PM
ALRIGHT G!!!!

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 02:48 PM
C'mon Hurt... keep it going!

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Why was Olivo batting when we had Daubach and Alomar on the bench?

It's a mystery...

:jerry
"It's a mystery to me, why you want to pinch hit for a guy who already has a favorable lefty/righty matchup."

hsnterprize
07-13-2003, 02:50 PM
I heard the call on Graff's HR. Rooney sounded as excited as he could get. Good hit, Graff!!!

BTW...what's up with Chat? Does it work, or is it my computer?

SoxxoS
07-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I never thought I would say that Aaron Rowand NEEDS to be in the lineup everyday.

He plays very good defense, and he is hitting the ball. He just threw a guy out at home. Carlos Lee tried to throw a guy out at home earlier in the game and missed by 10 feet.

Speaking of CLee, I am up for trading him. We are going to have Reed/Borchard ready next year anyway, and CLee is just too inconsistant both at the plate and in the field.

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Rowand threw out Hafner at home plate... pretty cool!

:)

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I heard the call on Graff's HR. Rooney sounded as excited as he could get. Good hit, Graff!!!

BTW...what's up with Chat? Does it work, or is it my computer?

The server was experiencing a problem earlier. Try rebooting your computer though. It may just be that.

lowesox
07-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Marte's getting used for 2-3 innings everyday. IF we make it to the playoffs he's going to be toast.

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 03:09 PM
The server was experiencing a problem earlier. Try rebooting your computer though. It may just be that.

FYI... my chat doesn't seem to work either, to include yesterday. Just to let you know.

Nick@Nite
07-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Chat seems to be working now.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-13-2003, 03:18 PM
A nice win today. Good to take 3 days off on a high note, too.

Konerko gets some hits.
Graffanino hits a game-winning home run.
Manuel lets Olivo bat for himself in the eighth, but it works out anyway.
Rowand nails a runner at the plate.

I think today's game proves conclusively that even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. :smile:

:walnuts :graff :jerry :rowand
"Look what we found!"

hsnterprize
07-13-2003, 03:19 PM
I still can't get on the chat. I'm on my work computer, and it doesn't come in. No matter, though...A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!

duke of dorwood
07-13-2003, 03:33 PM
We seem to be winning when Rowand plays

RKMeibalane
07-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We seem to be winning when Rowand plays

Maybe this should be the lineup then:

2B- Alomar
CF- Rowand
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Everett
DH- Lee
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Olivo

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I still can't get on the chat. I'm on my work computer, and it doesn't come in. No matter, though...A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!

Some firewalls do cause problems with the chat. You may also need to download that a Sun Micromachine (I think that is the name, but I don't have the link).

Like I said, try rebooting... If that doesn't work then you may need to download that Sun program. Check the links section.

DrCrawdad
07-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Congrats on 1,000 posts. They are turning the clock back to 1953, when Al Rosen was MVP, so it must be from then. I always liked those hats with the white emblem surrounded in red

1,000 posts? I didn't even notice. It feels like the first time. Don't I get a change from WSI Personality to WSI High Priest or something?

I like the 1953 era uniforms and hats. Cool.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
1,000 posts? I didn't even notice. It feels like the first time. Don't I get a change from WSI Personality to WSI High Priest or something?

I like the 1953 era uniforms and hats. Cool.

The next WSI milestone is actually 1,500 posts. You can move up to "WSI Church Elder" once you reach that point. The rank of "High Priest" is for 5,000 posts.

oheeoh...magglio
07-13-2003, 05:04 PM
i've always liked those 1950's era hats like the ones the sox wore 2day, i've been trying to buy one forever but i can't find a place that sells them. Does anybody know where i could buy one of thsoe 1950's sox hats???

siugrad25
07-13-2003, 05:09 PM
I had Gamecast on and left my computer after Garland gave up those runs to tie it up... Nice to see some guys come through today. While it was only a split of Cleveland, it does end this miserable trip with a win. Let's hope the Sox can come back on fire after the all-star break.