PDA

View Full Version : The "Team Leader" speaks

Paulwny
07-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Maybe going to the AAA for a couple of weeks would have been meaningful.

From the Sun Times:
"Throw everything else out the window and do meaningful things to help the team, which you should be trying to do anyway,'' Konerko said, outlining his new attitude. "But even more so in my case because it's not like I'm trying to go after the batting crown or anything.''
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug131.html

RKMeibalane
07-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

From the Sun Times:
"Throw everything else out the window and do meaningful things to help the team, which you should be trying to do anyway,'' Konerko said, outlining his new attitude. "But even more so in my case because it's not like I'm trying to go after the batting crown or anything.''

If Konerko really wants to help the team, as Paulwny says, then he should spent some time in Charlotte. Konerko has lost any credibility he had after last season.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-13-2003, 11:43 AM
I can't believe he would suggest his problems are in part due to being bounced in and out of the line up. LMAO! Maybe Paul should point a finger at all the Sox ballplayers who AREN'T bounced in and out of the Tinkerer's line up. Of course there aren't any to finger!

frickin' idiot ----------> :jerry

I have no idea what Konerko means by "doing meaningful things" to help the club, but batting .188 with a pathetic 22 rbi's is far FAR more "meaningful" than any once-in-blue-moon last at-bat heroics.

There isn't one person reading this thread that couldn't do the "meaningful" things Konerko is trying to get credit for. I guarantee you, I would be the best frickin' teammate the White Sox ever knew. Talking it up in the dugout, patting guys on the butt, talking to the press, yadda yadda yadda... my batting average might be lower than Konerko's .188, but I guarantee I would do it for a tiny fraction of what Konerko's salary is costing the Sox. Give me a frickin' break with this bull****!

This guy needs to be BOOED, and booed UNMERCIFULLY. How much more evidence do we need to prove he simply doesn't get it? He *thinks* he is getting away with this season-long charade, but some of us are wising up.

Paul Konerko is a selfish sonofabitch because he REFUSES to take a AAA assignment. He is killing the ballclub. In fact, he's even angling for more frickin' playing time. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The biggest ass on the '03 team, bar none ------>:walnuts

Stop it with this "team player" bull****. Nobody believes it anymore, or at least they shouldn't.

WinningUgly!
07-13-2003, 11:50 AM
"It's not easy when you're bouncing in and out [of the lineup],'' Konerko said. "I have a new respect for bench players, believe me, because I've been a bench player for the last month and a half. The guys who do it well, those are the guys who should be making $20 million because it's not easy.''

Well Paul, you got $23 million...and you don't exactly "do it well". :angry:

gosox41
07-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

From the Sun Times:

No, Paul, you're just trying to get your sorry $8 mill. a year butt over the Mendoza Line.

You hitting the ball like you're capable of may help the team win a few more games.

Bob