PDA

View Full Version : An honest evaluation on the 2003 season so far from a long time Sox fan..

captain54
07-13-2003, 12:46 AM
As disappointing as this season has been, if you are a long time Sox fan like me, (59' was the first year I actually remember going to a game and bringing my little kiddie baseball glove, got it autographed by Nellie Fox), it has almost become the norm to be disappointed....of the top of my head, I can point a few of those years that stand out as disappointing....

1967....blew a chance to go the World Series in the last week of the season...
1968....totally tanked and began a downward slide that lasted awhile..
1973...coming of a great 1972, 73' sucked big time..
1978...coming of a great 1977, same result
1983...Jerry Dybzinski and Tito Landrum, what more can I say?
1984.. a huge letdown from 83' with practically the same team
1991, 1992...went nowhere after a great 1990
1994...strike year and one of the all time great bummer years...
2001, 2002... .500 baseball after winning the division in 2000

Despite it all, this organization doesn't deserve to win anything...

With the effort and lamebrainedness of upper Sox management, the Sox are exactly where they deserve to be....the problem goes beyond Jerry Manuel...something is rotten with this organization, and it has infiltrated to the clubhouse and the performance on the field....

I feel sorry for the fans....all we do is support the team and this is what we get....frustration....

Kenny Williams gets on TV and radio and talks like the Sox are one of the elite teams in the league....not even close Kenny...get your head out of your ass and realize that if the Sox where in any other divison in baseball, (beside NL central) the season would have been over with a while ago....

So for my money, the Sox having a prayer in winning the division is almost a detriment in two ways:

1) it keeps the fans hanging on for somthing that will ultimately let them down
2)it adds another set of smoke and mirrors in an organization that really believes and delues itself into thinking that it knows how to put together a winner....

so on a postive note Sox fans, the organization needs to be humiliated and exposed for there to be any real changes at the top, changes that are desparately needed....

and that change being, for the love of God, please Jerry, SELL!!