PDA

View Full Version : Brewers gonna have a laugher of their own?

Kilroy
08-23-2001, 01:37 PM
3 zip in top of 1st. 1 out and runners on 1st and 2nd.

Go Beermen!! -- its your birthday...

chisoxfanatic
08-23-2001, 01:54 PM
The score is now 5-0!!! GO BREWERS!!!!!!!

Hey! Even WE were able to sweep this team! And the Cubs can't? How ironic!

Heather the Redbird

Soxboyrob
08-23-2001, 02:04 PM
Lest we not forget that the Sox were down by 5 runs in the first inning last night also. And they won. With the wind blowing in at Wrigley today, a comeback doesn't hardly seem likely.

Randar68
08-23-2001, 02:06 PM
Lest we not forget that the Sox were down by 5 runs in the first inning last night also. And they won. With the wind blowing in at Wrigley today, a comeback doesn't hardly seem likely.

With the Cubs' pathetic offense, I actually bet a friend of mine it would take the Cubs a week to put up another 16 runs total!!!!looking good so far!!!

Soxboyrob
08-23-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

With the Cubs' pathetic offense, I actually bet a friend of mine it would take the Cubs a week to put up another 16 runs total!!!!looking good so far!!!

But lest we also not forget that the Sox offense has been as bad or worse than the Cubs for this whole season. I think it wasn't until just last week that the Sox finally surpassed the Cubs in runs scored this season, and that's with the Cubs using the pitcher to hit 2 or 3 times per game. In this morning's Trib, the Cubs still have more runs scored than the Sox this season, but I don't think that included the Sox' 13 run outburst last night.

Chisox353014
08-23-2001, 03:38 PM
8-1 Brewers now in the 6th. Tavarez has officially returned to Earth after pitching way above his head all year. Serves the little homophobic kung-fu fighter right. Unfortunately, the Cards got pounded 12-2 today by Cincy.

Our good pals Oakland are busy rolling over for the Tribe again.
5-2 Cleveland over Mulder in the 3rd.