PDA

View Full Version : Here's a very positive thought...

Viva Magglio
07-12-2003, 08:29 PM
...there may be only one more game remaining in the Jerry Manuel Era! That is if, as we all hope, Manuel gets fired by the White Sox on Wednesday.

Bye, Jerry!

valposoxfan
07-12-2003, 08:47 PM
How do you figure?

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...there may be only one more game remaining in the Jerry Manuel Era! That is if, as we all hope, Manuel gets fired by the White Sox on Wednesday.

Bye, Jerry!

I hope to god he gets fired, but I just have this sick feeling he won't be. 2-7 on this trip, against these crap teams is BS.

Viva Magglio
07-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
How do you figure?

There are already reports that "Manuel is in trouble." The White Sox would probably have loved to get rid of him a long time ago, but there was this All-Star Game thing in the way. With Manuel named as a coach of the ASG, they cannot get rid of him now. That would be bad PR, as if we haven't had enough of that already.

However, as soon as Wednesday hits, they can make Manuel walk the plank because the ASG fervor will be over. And I wouldn't put it past Kenny Williams to launch Manuel. Jerry Reinsdorf, as has been speculated, would not want to pay two managers' salaries. However, I think we are beyond that now, and Reinsdorf has to realize that we cannot continue to keep Manuel as the manager of this team.

JJAustin69
07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
We can only hope that you are right about Wednesday. This was the most disgusting road trip I have ever seen. That includes all the no win West coast swings in recent years. No excuse for losing to these garbage teams at such a crucial time.

valposoxfan
07-12-2003, 09:10 PM
I just have a bad feeling about this, just like I always have a bad feeling about this team whenever anything happens. I don't think he is going anywhere which really really sucks. I just can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I haven't felt this pissed off about this team in a long while. I've just had enough. I want my team to work hard and desire winning, but they don't. I have a hard time supporting a team like that. I'm severely disappointed. That is the best way to put it I think.

Wemiss Fisk
07-12-2003, 09:18 PM
We can only hope that Kenny Williams terminates that idiot Manuel during the all-star break. Why has that guy been allowed so many more chances that prior coaches? I'm sicking of him screwing the line-up. Sox wins are all in spite of his little tinkering.

Daver
07-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Wemiss Fisk
We can only hope that Kenny Williams terminates that idiot Manuel during the all-star break. Why has that guy been allowed so many more chances that prior coaches? I'm sicking of him screwing the line-up. Sox wins are all in spite of his little tinkering.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Wemiss Fisk
07-12-2003, 09:22 PM
National League kills AL in All Star game - Manuel fired as a result. Hope for NL victory. We can only hope. All star game is a complete joke. I remember when they played hard in the all star game and gave a (Pete Rose sliding into home knocking over the catcher). Bums they are all bums. I just can't let go....ugh....it's baseball.

gosox41
07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
There are already reports that "Manuel is in trouble." The White Sox would probably have loved to get rid of him a long time ago, but there was this All-Star Game thing in the way. With Manuel named as a coach of the ASG, they cannot get rid of him now. That would be bad PR, as if we haven't had enough of that already.

However, as soon as Wednesday hits, they can make Manuel walk the plank because the ASG fervor will be over. And I wouldn't put it past Kenny Williams to launch Manuel. Jerry Reinsdorf, as has been speculated, would not want to pay two managers' salaries. However, I think we are beyond that now, and Reinsdorf has to realize that we cannot continue to keep Manuel as the manager of this team.

I hope he's fired ASAP, but wouldn't get my hopes up. Every time I hear a rumor like ths I get excited only to see it never happen:

1. KW resignation. Reported here first but even made some other sites. Hasn't happened.

2. Hawk's claim of a deal that would "blow my mind." Still hasn't happened, probably never will.

3. PK has a bad hup. I don't want to see anyone have any sort of injury but I have a feeling that knowing PK's mental state he'll have an easier time bouncing back from a bad hip then just having an extended slump that erodes his confidence.

Bob

gosox41
07-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I just have a bad feeling about this, just like I always have a bad feeling about this team whenever anything happens. I don't think he is going anywhere which really really sucks. I just can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I haven't felt this pissed off about this team in a long while. I've just had enough. I want my team to work hard and desire winning, but they don't. I have a hard time supporting a team like that. I'm severely disappointed. That is the best way to put it I think.

This season pisses me off more then last season because the pitching has really been coming around and the strong point of this team for 3 years has failed to show up and take advantage of it. Maybe a lot of these hitters are primadonnas, only concerned with the longball. It's up to JM and Walker to pull their heads out of their a**.

Bob

Jerko
07-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Manuel's been in trouble for 2 years now. The ONLY way he gets fired soon is if KW is planning on doing it anyway and fires him MONDAY to save Jerry the embarrassment of being booed mercilessly on national television at his home ballpark.