PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Second...

Fridaythe13thJason
07-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Unless the Twins do something impressive here in the last two, we are now tied for second. Let's go out tonight and take it outright.

I know that its not that exciting, but the less teams in front, the better. I'm still more worried about the Twins than Royals.

WinningUgly!
07-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Unless the Twins do something impressive here in the last two, we are now tied for second. Let's go out tonight and take it outright.

I know that its not that exciting, but the less teams in front, the better. I'm still more worried about the Twins than Royals.

How funny is it, that as bad as the Sox have played over the last week, we're still able to pass a team in the standings?

doublem23
07-12-2003, 07:34 PM
:notwinks

Moral victories are still victories. Kind of.

lowesox
07-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah, no question - twins are the team to beat. The royals will fizzle. Surprized they haven't yet.

Daver
07-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Yeah, no question - twins are the team to beat. The royals will fizzle. Surprized they haven't yet.

People have been saying that all season long,and the Royals have been at the top of the division the whole time,since the opening series of the season.Last year the same was said of the Twins.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by daver
People have been saying that all season long,and the Royals have been at the top of the division the whole time,since the opening series of the season.Last year the same was said of the Twins.

Is there any way the Sox can trade Jerry Manuel for Tony Pena?

jortafan
07-12-2003, 08:46 PM
We need to catch Minnesota before we can even think of taking on Kansas City and knocking them out.

I'm just glad that our recent losing spell hasn't caused us to fall farther and farther behind the Twins.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
We need to catch Minnesota before we can even think of taking on Kansas City and knocking them out.

I'm just glad that our recent losing spell hasn't caused us to fall farther and farther behind the Twins.

Isn't that what they did this afternoon? I mean pending the outcome of the nightcap, the Sox are tied for second. Hence the title of the thread... :D:

LongLiveFisk
07-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
How funny is it, that as bad as the Sox have played over the last week, we're still able to pass a team in the standings?

Man, I was just thinking that you know it's a pathetic division when a team 5 games under .500 can be in SECOND PLACE.

But it's frustrating that even being in a weak division, we can't seem to use that to our advantage!

:?:

SouthBendSox
07-12-2003, 11:03 PM
everyone keeps doubting the Royals

except the Royals

Twins8791
07-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by daver
...and the Royals have been at the top of the division the whole time,since the opening series of the season.
The Twins held first from post-game on May 17 until play was completed on June 24. Otherwise you are correct.

Also the Sox are not in second as I write, but then, Sunday is still young.

jabrch
07-13-2003, 07:45 AM
about MN than KC, frankly I am more concerned about losing 5 of 6 to the league's two worst teams. If we play like that the rest of the way, we have no chance. Any discussion of the playoffs right now should be met with (in my most shrill Jim Mora voice) "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? We may not win another game all year!!!!!"

chosk8
07-13-2003, 10:37 AM

The same was said of us in 2000.

harwar
07-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lowesox

I couldn't disagree more.The royals are aggressively seeking to make trades before the deadline where as the twins may or may not make one move,maybe.Right now the royals are playing good ball and having fun while the White Sox and twins keep stumbling over their own feet.I think it will come down to which moves the royals make in the next couple of weeks.

Paulwny
07-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I couldn't disagree more.The royals are aggressively seeking to make trades before the deadline where as the twins may or may not make one move,maybe.Right now the royals are playing good ball and having fun while the White Sox and twins keep stumbling over their own feet.I think it will come down to which moves the royals make in the next couple of weeks.

That could be the key, a trade. If the royals pick-up a stud player that could be a killer for the sox and twins.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
That could be the key, a trade. If the royals pick-up a stud player that could be a killer for the sox and twins.

Agreed. The Sox don't have a prayer if KC is able to add a verteran to their lineup. A part of me is hoping the Sox don't make the playoffs, because that will signal the end of Jerry Manuel's time as manager.

fquaye149
07-13-2003, 04:52 PM
psssssssh.

curtis leskanic

the royals will not make the playoffs...maybe the sox won't either...but the royals sure won't

WHERE's THE PITCHING?

MarkEdward
07-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
psssssssh.

curtis leskanic

the royals will not make the playoffs...maybe the sox won't either...but the royals sure won't

WHERE's THE PITCHING?

Their bullpen is pretty bad, but the starting pitching has been very good.

If I'm Allard Baird, I'm looking for another pitcher (starter or reliever) and a right fielder (like Gonzalez).