PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Two Thread - Saturday, 7-12 Vs. Jnjans

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Use this thread for all comments about the second game. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

Go Sox!

:gulp:

WinningUgly!
07-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Sox starting lineup...

CF-Harris
2B-Alomar
LF-Lee
RF-Maggs
DH-Everett
1B-Daubach
SS-Valentin
3B-Crede
C-Olivo

NO FRANK!!!!!!

JRIG
07-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Sox starting lineup...

CF-Harris
2B-Alomar
LF-Lee
RF-Maggs
DH-Everett
1B-Daubach
SS-Valentin
3B-Crede
C-Olivo

NO FRANK!!!!!!

:jerry
"A man gets mighty tired DH-ing for 10 innings. Besides, the rest of the order has been hitting the crap out the ball anyway, right?"

WinningUgly!
07-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
"A man gets mighty tired DH-ing for 10 innings. Besides, the rest of the order has been hitting the crap out the ball anyway, right?"

"Damnit my dear, I don't give a Frank."

siugrad25
07-12-2003, 07:08 PM
So....

Our first two batters in the line up are batting .204 (Harris) and .212 (Alomar).

And who would have guessed that Harris would strike out to lead the ballgame?

This is amazing... Does Jerry really want to win?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-12-2003, 07:24 PM
I'm guessing the over/under for Sox run production this evening is 3.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I'm guessing the over/under for Sox run production this evening is 3.

I'll take the under unless Frank gets to PH... :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
07-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Maybe Porzio can break the 20 K, Single Game Strikeout Record.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Way to go, Carlos! Great job mis-playing that game tying single into a second run with two outs.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Way to go, Carlos! Great job mis-playing that game tying single into a second run with two outs.

"Carlos has the potential to be a Gold Glove outfielder. That's why he's playing tonight, and Frank is sitting. If it weren't for Carlos' defense, Daubach would be in left, and Frank would be at first."

balboner
07-12-2003, 08:23 PM
That was a stupid decision by Lee to dive for that ball. Also, on a team that is struggling to score as much as the Sox are, why is Olivo playing so much?

RKMeibalane
07-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by balboner
That was a stupid decision by Lee to dive for that ball. Also, on a team that is struggling to score as much as the Sox are, why is Olivo playing so much?

Olivo is around for his defense. His bat will come within the next year or so. He will continue to start because he is the catcher of the future, and because Alomar's knees can't take the pounding.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Um, how was he going to play that ball otherwise? That ball was going to the wall no matter what.

Daver
07-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by balboner

Would you rather have Sandy Alomar out there with his creamic knees and weak arm?

balboner
07-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Manuel just got severely out-managed in the top of the 7th. With one on, no out, he should have had Konerko hit for Daubach. By doing this, Eric Wedge would have brought in a righty pitcher. That would be ok, since Valentin would then get to hit from his strong side. Rather, he lets Daubach fly out weakly and Valentin barely get the ball out of the infield. It's the little things like that which makes Manuel a pathetic manager.

lowesox
07-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Actually, I'm a little bummed that Konerko didn't start the second game. AFter a big hit earlier today, it would have been a great way for him to build some momentum.

balboner
07-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Does Joe Crede need a lesser weight bat? He seems to be late on everything, hitting meat pitcher foul to right field. His swing is about as long as it gets in the majors right now. Our murderers row of Crede, Olivo, Harris is quite sad.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Um, how was he going to play that ball otherwise? That ball was going to the wall no matter what.

No it wasn't. He could have pulled up and grabbed it on the hop easily. It was a well placed bloop...

lowesox
07-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Porzio's been in there too long.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Nice relay to save a run there. Come on Sox. String some hits together...

ssang
07-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Wow, big surprise there! Carlos Lee hits intp a DP wityh 0 outs and a Alomar on first base in the 8th inning. I didn't see that one coming!

valposoxfan
07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
This team is absolutely HORRENDOUS!!! We jump all over freakin Baez and only score one damn run. I've had enough. That was NOT a strike to Konerko. But then Mr. "I should be an all-star" himself pops out on a CHECK SWING!! Willie has no clutch capability at all. This team can never win when it means something big like leaping a team in the standings. I am at my wit's end with this damn team. I am sick of being pissed off every damn night because this team cannot execute and plays below their potential each and every night. It is disgusting. Something needs to be done. Obviously no one in the dugout right now cares, so get someone who will motivate them to care. Anyone. This is a major league ballclub that doesn't give a damn. I'm sick of spending my money on a product that doesnt give a damn about me or themselves for that matter. I hate this team.

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 09:48 PM
This should have been a sweep. Sox got the first game handed to them on a silver platter.

Lip Man 1
07-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Valpo:

I suggest you write Uncle jerry and let him know how you feel.

Lip

WhiteSox = Life
07-12-2003, 09:57 PM
At least the Hawk and "Sudden" Sam skit was pretty good.

:D:

Lip Man 1
07-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Now THIS is funny!

From the "official" White Sox site:

It was a mediocre day for the White Sox on the field. They split their twinbill with the Indians, winning the matinee, 7-4, and dropping the finale, 4-2. However, the good outweighed the bad because Magglio Ordonez was named to the All-Star team as a replacement for Boston's Manny Ramirez.

Let me get this straight.....

The Sox lost the 2nd game of the DH because they only could get six lousy hits...

They've now lost seven of their last nine against garbage teams...

If the Royals stay ahead and win they'll be seven games out...

BUT THE WHITE SOX SAY THE GOOD NEWS OUTWEIGHED THE BAD BECAUSE MAGS WAS NAMED TO AN EXHIBITION, POPULARITY CONTEST GAME!

[B]Stop the madness!!!!![/ B]

Lip

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Now THIS is funny!

From the "official" White Sox site:

[B]It was a mediocre day for the White Sox on the field. They split their twinbill with the Indians, winning the matinee, 7-4, and dropping the finale, 4-2. However, the good outweighed the bad because Magglio Ordonez was named to the All-Star team as a replacement for Boston's Manny Ramirez.

Let me get this straight.....

The Sox lost the 2nd game of the DH because they only could get six lousy hits...

They've now lost seven of their last nine against garbage teams...

If the Royals stay ahead and win they'll be seven games out...

BUT THE WHITE SOX SAY THE GOOD NEWS OUTWEIGHED THE BAD BECAUSE MAGS WAS NAMED TO AN EXHIBITION, POPULARITY CONTEST GAME!

Stop the madness!!!!![/ B]

Lip

No, you misunderstand. They are pumped, because now they know that home field in the World Series is assured...

valposoxfan
07-12-2003, 10:14 PM
The White Sox website sucks. The MLB.com website sucks. I don't even bother anymore. I've had no use for Whitesox.com since MLB took over all team websites.