PDA

View Full Version : Us Sox Fans have had it up to here already Havent We ?

Hangar18
07-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Its funny. as soon as the game was tied last nite, I stopped
listening. As if the dark clouds looming on the horizon were
a warning for me to take cover in the proverbial Baseball Basement. And sure enough, I walk into a bar, to see some buds of mine in their band (2 of the guys are sox fans) and I walk
in and theyre getting ready to go on, and I see the LOOKS OF FRUSTRATION and ANGER on their faces......first thing I said was
"Sox Lost again didnt they" I was aghast to see the Tribe
ended up with 12 runs last nite. As fast as everyone was
ready to Hold This Team Aloft......PFFFFFffffffftttttttttt. Gone.
I logged on this AM just to vent ....but felt what else can I/WE say that hasnt already been said before.........JERRY MANUEL's in-game Strategy and Controversial Lineups are Costing us another season in a WINNABLE division. I note how many of us just
arent really complaining all that much. That scares me. Makes me realize this Season is Really Over Now.........

harwar
07-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I note how many of us just
arent really complaining all that much. That scares me. Makes me realize this Season is Really Over Now.........

Somewhere in the middle of last nights game i stopped paying attention and started thinking about next year.What we've got here is a big(expleetive deleeted) mess.An experienced general manager who knows how to build a team and not an on the job trainee is where i would start.This guy would have to be lured from another team by offering a huge contract and given absolute and total control(they all want that) of the major league team and the farm system(including new scouts).Of course in this rebuiling period the park would be empty and the organization would have to either sell or move.I vote sell.

Hangar18
07-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Kenny Williams took a 2000 playoff team, and somehow drove us to where we are now. I applaud the recent trades, but as is HIS LUCK, 1/2 of that trade is a bust already. Alomar should play everyday, isnt that why we got him? Thomas at 1B, isnt that how he seemingly resurrected his career recently? wasnt he hitting an obscene .480 at one point in that span? I know injuries happend to the pitching staff, but damn, how dumb was that to go into the 2001 season , having basicall replaced only ONE of the FOUR pitchers who were hurt? Stupid stupid baseball.

ChiSoxBobette
07-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Kenny Williams took a 2000 playoff team, and somehow drove us to where we are now. I applaud the recent trades, but as is HIS LUCK, 1/2 of that trade is a bust already. Alomar should play everyday, isnt that why we got him? Thomas at 1B, isnt that how he seemingly resurrected his career recently? wasnt he hitting an obscene .480 at one point in that span? I know injuries happend to the pitching staff, but damn, how dumb was that to go into the 2001 season , having basicall replaced only ONE of the FOUR pitchers who were hurt? Stupid stupid baseball.

How can this team find any kind of momentum when we have Jerry Manuel thinking he has to change the linup every day. This team probably has'nt had the same line up in there for more than 2 games the whole year. Now we're going to sit Robbie Alomar - WHY? Is this what we brought him here for especially now when we need to win all of these games before the All-Star break. Maybe Manuel knows his end is near and he's going to do everything he can to make whoever takes over this team fail this year. Manuel has failed miserably managing this team for the last 3 years so why is he still the manager only JR knows.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

alohafri
07-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Jerry Manuel is like a little league coach who believes he must give everyone a start at some point during the week.

I used to think that Kenny was standing in the wings telling Manuel who to put in, but after giving Robbie Alomar a day off just three days before the All-Star break, I don't believe that anymore.

I know that Reinsdork won't allow Manuel to be fired with 2 years left on his contract, but God dammit, reassign him and bring in someone else to manage, someone who knows that some guys are role players for a reason! Tony Graffanino is not a friggen starter. He is a good role guy, a guy you bring in at the end of the game. He doesn't need to start as often as Manuel thinks.

At least he finally brought in Billy "Goat" Koch in a role which suits him, mopup.

B. Diddy
07-12-2003, 11:46 AM
I hate to say it, but I think that they're giving up before we are.

Nonetheless, I'm not going to cancel my plans to attend the game on the 19th vs. Detroit.

I'm not giving up yet. As a graduate student, I'm trained to put up with poor results and remain optimistic.

trimbo
07-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy

I'm not giving up yet. As a graduate student, I'm trained to put up with poor results and remain optimistic.

It's not a science experiment, this is a business. We, the fans, are customers. Being optimistic about this team and this management is not the right approach -- we have to be mad.

B. Diddy
07-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by trimbo
It's not a science experiment, this is a business. We, the fans, are customers. Being optimistic about this team and this management is not the right approach -- we have to be mad.

You're right. Science experiments have tangible outcomes (more publications = more job offers). This is a sports team, which means considerably less.