PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Check this Out!

chisoxt
07-12-2003, 08:14 AM
The last time the All-Star Game was played in White Sox territory was in 1933, its inaugural year, back when U.S. Cellular Field's predecessor was called Comiskey Park, or just Sox Park.

Believe it or not, this was wriiten in the Sun-Times by some ditz writer covering the All-Star game. Come on, I know 20 years is along time, but get your facts straight lady!!! Check out the whole story on-line:http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-tix12.html

TornLabrum
07-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
Believe it or not, this was wriiten in the Sun-Times by some ditz writer covering the All-Star game. Come on, I know 20 years is along time, but get your facts straight lady!!! Check out the whole story on-line:http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-tix12.html

Well, maybe it was a typo and should have said, "first." But let's not put it past our Cubbie-dominated media to not even know such simple facts.

jortafan
07-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Just to restore your faith in the Sun-Times, the story that actually appears in the newspaper is correct. It's just what's on the web site that's wrong.

My guess is the reporter got her fact wrong, and a copy editor caught it and re-wrote what went into the paper. Too bad the web site people couldn't have caught the same mistake.

Here's how it reads in the Saturday, July 12, paper.

"The last time the All-Star game was played in White Sox territory was in 1983, at the original Comiskey Park, forerunner to U.S. Cellular Field.

"Decades earlier, the White Sox hosted the first All-Star game in 1933. Fans paid 55 cents back then to site in the bleacher seats and $1.65 for a box seat."

harwar
07-12-2003, 09:40 AM
You mean the all-star game isn't at wrigley?I guess i better stop watching so much espn.

rmusacch
07-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Just to restore your faith in the Sun-Times, the story that actually appears in the newspaper is correct. It's just what's on the web site that's wrong.

My guess is the reporter got her fact wrong, and a copy editor caught it and re-wrote what went into the paper. Too bad the web site people couldn't have caught the same mistake.

Here's how it reads in the Saturday, July 12, paper.

"The last time the All-Star game was played in White Sox territory was in 1983, at the original Comiskey Park, forerunner to U.S. Cellular Field.

"Decades earlier, the White Sox hosted the first All-Star game in 1933. Fans paid 55 cents back then to site in the bleacher seats and $1.65 for a box seat."

It is that way on the website now too.