PDA

View Full Version : Frank - team player?


kittle42
07-12-2003, 12:02 AM
So I was just on the phone with my sister who travelled to Cleveland for the series. She is staying at the players' hotel and was talking to a bunch of them at the hotel bar.

Thomas, in addition to being nice enough to offer her free tickets for Sunday, was apparently in quite the bad mood, fluctuating between having nice conversation and then breaking into fan-like periods of disbelief and anger that they lost tonight.

This was refreshing to hear, I thought. It's nice to see that someone on this team cares, especially the man who had been blasted by the media for his attitude for years.

Oh, and talking to a semi-coherent Carl Everett on the phone was fun.

Hangar18
07-12-2003, 08:44 AM
This is very Nice to Hear. We've got a chance with guys like
Thomas, obviously showing they care. They just have to GET RID OF MANUEL. Poor Frank....I want him to get a world series ring w the Sox.....

RKMeibalane
07-12-2003, 08:48 AM
:hurt

"We lost again."

:jerry

"Don't worry, Frank. I'm going to make some adjustments for the double-header on Saturday."

:hurt

"Sonofabitch."

harwar
07-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
and was talking to a bunch of them at the hotel bar.

THATS IT!!! The story has been broken wide open.They are a bunch of freakin drunks.On any given day(or night) i wonder how many players are out there with killer hangovers?The Sox always look like they are playing in a haze.

DiamondAngel
07-12-2003, 09:47 AM
>>>THATS IT!!! The story has been broken wide open.They are a bunch of freakin drunks.On any given day(or night) i wonder how many players are out there with killer hangovers?The Sox always look like they are playing in a haze.<<

Guess you have never been on a road trip to see the Sox or any team play???. This wouldn't be news to you if you had. Difference between this year and last year is that last year the whole team hung together (minus Frank) and this year they don't and it is mostly the pitchers.

Yes this is my first post here but I have been reading these boards for quite some time. Entertaining..... :D:

harwar
07-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DiamondAngel
>>>THATS IT!!! The story has been broken wide open.They are a bunch of freakin drunks.On any given day(or night) i wonder how many players are out there with killer hangovers?The Sox always look like they are playing in a haze.<<

Guess you have never been on a road trip to see the Sox or any team play???. This wouldn't be news to you if you had. Difference between this year and last year is that last year the whole team hung together (minus Frank) and this year they don't and it is mostly the pitchers.

Yes this is my first post here but I have been reading these boards for quite some time. Entertaining..... :D:

I was being facetious my friend.Hey welcome aboard.

Hangar18
07-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by DiamondAngel


Guess you have never been on a road trip to see the Sox or any team play???. This wouldn't be news to you if you had.

Yes this is my first post here but I have been reading these boards for quite some time. Entertaining..... :D:

and what took you so long to post? :D: Ive seen some teams
on the road, I believe THEY ALL DRINK. Shoot, if I had a dollar
for every Cub ive seen in a bar in my lifetime..... Ive had the
pleasure of yelling across a bar (good naturedly) CUBS SUCK
to Mark Grace....

voodoochile
07-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by DiamondAngel
>>>THATS IT!!! The story has been broken wide open.They are a bunch of freakin drunks.On any given day(or night) i wonder how many players are out there with killer hangovers?The Sox always look like they are playing in a haze.<<

Guess you have never been on a road trip to see the Sox or any team play???. This wouldn't be news to you if you had. Difference between this year and last year is that last year the whole team hung together (minus Frank) and this year they don't and it is mostly the pitchers.

Yes this is my first post here but I have been reading these boards for quite some time. Entertaining..... :D:

Doesn't bode well for today's game...

B. Diddy
07-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by kittle42

Thomas, in addition to being nice enough to offer her free tickets for Sunday, was apparently in quite the bad mood, fluctuating between having nice conversation and then breaking into fan-like periods of disbelief and anger that they lost tonight.


Nice choice of handle. Kittle was my favorite back when I started following the team in the early 80's.

From what I've seen, Frank is very selfless when it comes to fans. He autographed a jersey for my sister in Toronto about 5 years ago when he appeared to be in a hurry to get out of the hotel lobby. It looked like a bad time to bother him, but he was nice enough to take the time.

BTW, what did Everett have to say?

34 Inch Stick
07-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Did he say anything about those damn dinosaurs chasing him again.

TornLabrum
07-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
and what took you so long to post? :D: Ive seen some teams
on the road, I believe THEY ALL DRINK. Shoot, if I had a dollar
for every Cub ive seen in a bar in my lifetime..... Ive had the
pleasure of yelling across a bar (good naturedly) CUBS SUCK
to Mark Grace....

Baseball players drink! My illusions have been shattered!

MisterB
07-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by harwar
THATS IT!!! The story has been broken wide open.They are a bunch of freakin drunks.On any given day(or night) i wonder how many players are out there with killer hangovers?The Sox always look like they are playing in a haze.

Considering that their play this season has driven all of us to drink, is it any surprise?

:(: + :gulp: = :smile:

RKMeibalane
07-12-2003, 01:01 PM
It's only a matter of time before the players start using alcohol as an excuse for their poor play. I can just hear some of them now...

:caballo

"It wasn't my fault. I had twelve beers last night, and then five shots of something called uhhhhh... vodka."

FJA
07-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
From what I've seen, Frank is very selfless when it comes to fans. He autographed a jersey for my sister in Toronto about 5 years ago when he appeared to be in a hurry to get out of the hotel lobby. It looked like a bad time to bother him, but he was nice enough to take the time.

I have never met Frank, but I have talked to several people who have, and they all have great things to say about him.

TommyJohn
07-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I have never met Frank, but I have talked to several people who have, and they all have great things to say about him.

:moron

Not everybody has good things to say about him!!

voodoochile
07-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
:moron

Not everybody has good things to say about him!!

He's never met Frank...

Dan Gelo
07-14-2003, 01:35 AM
A friend of mine works in a restaurant Big Frank frequents. Says, "he's a nice guy, and tips unbelievably!". Frank rocks/

SluggersAway
07-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Frank is a class act.