PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Predictable checks in

Chisox353014
08-23-2001, 10:03 AM
Did anyone expect anything other than this today from the Moron? Of course, he can't seem to write a column about Shammy and the Flubs without getting in a dig on the Sox, in this case the Big Hurt.
:moron
"I love you Sammy! I really, really love you Sammy!!!! You're the greatest of all time!!!! SAMMY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
*screams like a 12 year-old girl at a 1964 Beatles concert and faints*

WARNING: Don't click this link if you have a weak stomach.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay23.html

Spiff
08-23-2001, 10:14 AM
"Don (The Party Pooper) Baylor"

The sCrUBS were up 15-3 when Baylor took Sosa out. Either he was showing class (unlikely) or he didn't want The Second Coming to run into the brick wall in a blowout game.

cheeses_h_rice
08-23-2001, 10:22 AM
Like clockwork, he is.

Silent as a mute when the Flubbies lose, and loudly back on the WS tip when they do win, ranting and braying.

It's comical and pathetic at the same time. What will Jay-Jay say when the Flubbies fall to third and stay there, due to the absolute lack of offense otherwise, and their crumbling pitching?

No comment, naturally!

Kilroy
08-23-2001, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Silent as a mute when the Flubbies lose, and loudly back on the WS tip when they do win, ranting and braying.

What kills me the most is how yesterday it was all gloom and doom in Cubville, and today, they are as happy as crabs in a whorehouse.

Maybe, and since they are Cub fans this is entirely possible, they just don't know that the Brewers suck.

cheeses_h_rice
08-23-2001, 11:00 AM
Maybe, and since they are Cub fans this is entirely possible, they just don't know that the Brewers suck.

C'mon, Kilroy, haven't you heard about the great Rocky Koppinger?!?

*****!

No-Neck
08-23-2001, 11:28 AM
I heard the Moron peddling Vermont Teddie-Bears on WJOB -1230AM-Hammond, this morning.

Quite apropos.

I can't stand this idiot, period.

DVG
08-23-2001, 11:56 AM
Ya know, I like how he said that the situation has been re-
versed for "several" seasons. Thomas has done things as a hitter that only Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams have done.
Sure he may never bomb out 80-90 home runs a month, but that
doesn't mean he isn't equal as a hitter to Ruth, McGwire or even
GASP!! Sosa. WHOA!! Just barely avoided that bolt of lightning.

Also, last time I checked Thomas had two bad seasons out of ten. (You can't really count this season, he's been hurt, of
course.) Hell, Ruth, Williams, DiMaggio all had off-years. Two bad
years does not a career make. Why, even Sammy had his hard years.

Ah, but we must consider the source. Jay knows that St. Sammy
of Sosa can do no wrong, while the Anti-Sammy continues to
pretend he's a great hitter, right?

Fisk Fan
08-23-2001, 12:03 PM
If So-So is a Gladiator, why does he need to come out of games when the Flubs have a lead?

BTW, Moronotti was the first off the ship last week and now he speaks as though he never left!

Time to get a new pair of knee-pads......

Chisox353014
08-23-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck
I heard the Moron peddling Vermont Teddie-Bears on WJOB -1230AM-Hammond, this morning.

Quite apropos.

I can't stand this idiot, period.

What's a "Vermont Teddie-Bear"?

LuvChiSox
08-23-2001, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
"Don (The Party Pooper) Baylor"

The sCrUBS were up 15-3 when Baylor took Sosa out. Either he was showing class (unlikely) or he didn't want The Second Coming to run into the brick wall in a blowout game.

This morning on the radio, Baylor said he took SamME out because he "didn't want to embarrass" the other team, because the scrubs had so many runs already at that point..

No-Neck
08-23-2001, 12:40 PM
There is a company in Vermont that makes teddy-bears for every occasion, you call them, they make it and ship it to the recipient. They have been around forever.

Their ads used to flood the radio waves in the 1980's like Empire Carpets does on TV.

I didn't even recognize it was indeed the moron on the commercial until he admitted it at the end of the ad. It made my morning.

Chisox353014
08-23-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck
There is a company in Vermont that makes teddy-bears for every occasion, you call them, they make it and ship it to the recipient. They have been around forever.

Their ads used to flood the radio waves in the 1980's like Empire Carpets does on TV.

I didn't even recognize it was indeed the moron on the commercial until he admitted it at the end of the ad. It made my morning.

LMAO! So he's a shill for a teddy-bear company? Bwahahahaha!
And here I thought "Vermont Teddie Bear" was the name of his hairpiece!
"Hey, it's called "The Ladykiller" and don't you forget it!"

voodoochile
08-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

"Hey, it's called "The Ladykiller" and don't you forget it!"

Is that because the ladies dies laughing when they see it?

ma-gaga
08-23-2001, 03:26 PM
i'm still laughing at the "brilliant", "cutting-edge" and "unbiased" writing description pointed at this guy.