PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Prior-Giles Collision

Viva Magglio
07-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Mark Prior and Marcus Giles had a nasty collision on the infield today. If you haven't seen it already, don't miss it.

sox_fan_forever
07-11-2003, 09:21 PM
That was scary looking.

konerkopeachy
07-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I hope Mr. Giles wasn't hurt.

sox_fan_forever
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
He has a mild concussion.

Konerkoholic
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
I hope Mr. Giles wasn't hurt.
Do you say this because you know Prior's okay, or because you don't care if Prior gets hurt or not? Just wondering. I wouldn't wish injury on a player, not even a Cub or a Twin.

konerkopeachy
07-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Do you say this because you know Prior's okay, or because you don't care if Prior gets hurt or not? Just wondering. I wouldn't wish injury on a player, not even a Cub or a Twin.

Nah, was just being funny.

Well, trying to be.

MHOUSE
07-12-2003, 12:33 AM
That was a bad collision. At least at home plate you know it's coming, but Prior and Giles both weren't looking when it happened. That was scary. Prior seemed to be ok, but he'll be sore/bruised. Giles was in bad shape walking off. He was way out of it.

I didn't like how Chip Caray acted like Prior being hurt would be the end of baseball as we know it. He was saying that losing such a young talent would kill all of Cubdom and bring MLB down from the high place that Prior has brought it simply by coming into the league. UGH! Shut up Chip!

sox_fan_forever
07-12-2003, 11:37 PM
What is bothering me about this situation is that it seems like when anyone mentions it they say, "Prior and Giles had a nasty collision. Prior is okay." I'm really glad that he's okay. You don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt. But hello, what about the other guy? My dad is a Braves fan and I know this is really bugging him that he's having a hard time finding out how Giles is.