PDA

View Full Version : If I were Chisox GM

brewcrew/chisox
07-11-2003, 10:11 PM
What I would do if I were White Sox GM

1. Fire JM

2. Get Olivo a cup that fits (he grabs his junk about 5 times while he's at the plate, and the few times he does make it to first, grabs himself about nine more times).

3. Fire JM again

4. Hire a new Manager...someone with a little fire and a little baseball knowledge...Outside of the sox organization.....I like Phil Garner...he's taken bad ballclubs like the Brewers and Tigers and have made them fighters

5. Trade Kroch and Wright (Glover?) to the Rangers for Urbina. If you can't make that deal then get rid of Kroch for something...anything...he's a cancer in the bullpen.

6. Trade one of our big power outfielders/DH to ither Boston or Toronto for someone who can continually make contact and get on base.

7. Bring up someone to be the fifth starter (Justin Sanders? he can't be worse)

RKMeibalane
07-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
I like Phil Garner...

Don't. Even. Go there.

JRIG
07-11-2003, 10:15 PM
W
4. Hire a new Manager...someone with a little fire and a little baseball knowledge...Outside of the sox organization.....I like Phil Garner...he's taken bad ballclubs like the Brewers and Tigers and have made them fighters

They still lost 90-100 games...but they were fighters.

kittle42
07-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Urbina was just traded to Florida.

But that is beside the point. I hate when people come up with trade suggestions that just flat out would never happen in a million years. Why would Texas want Koch and Wright or Glover? If they are trading one of the best relievers in baseball, they would want value in return, most likely prospects or at least someone *good* off the ML roster.

This reminds me of these idiot Flub fans who were calling into the Score suggesting a few weeks ago that Lowell could be acquired for Juan Cruz, Antonio Alfonseca, and Bobby Hill. Uh-huh.

So unless your team's junk wears out its welcome like Roberto Alomar, baseball fans, NO ONE WANTS IT.

brewcrew/chisox
07-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
They still lost 90-100 games...but they were fighters.

He didn't continually lose 90-100 games while he was managing the Brewers...they were around 500 for a few years, and that was with a really bad team. His teams hustled and played baseball, not the sleepytime sandman stuff we've been seeing this past week. Garner's teams could at least bunt and run the bases. But I take your point, you don't like Garner. That's fine. But my point that someone new and outside the sox organization needs to come in and take JM's place. Give the clubhouse a fresh face and a new philosophy to playing the game.

brewcrew/chisox
07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Urbina was just traded to Florida.

But that is beside the point. I hate when people come up with trade suggestions that just flat out would never happen in a million years. Why would Texas want Koch and Wright or Glover? If they are trading one of the best relievers in baseball, they would want value in return, most likely prospects or at least someone *good* off the ML roster.

This reminds me of these idiot Flub fans who were calling into the Score suggesting a few weeks ago that Lowell could be acquired for Juan Cruz, Antonio Alfonseca, and Bobby Hill. Uh-huh.

So unless your team's junk wears out its welcome like Roberto Alomar, baseball fans, NO ONE WANTS IT.

Sorry, I didn't see the trade until just now.

The Marlins gave up three double A prospects, nothing that could actually help their team right now, and even then they are rolling the dice. They would be rolling the same dice with Wright, who at times this year has pitched well, despite his record, despite coming off an injury...and they would be getting a starter which they clearly need right now.

Urbina (0-4) raised his ERA from 2.82 to 4.19, allowing 10 runs over 16 1/3 innings in his last 17 games, , which, I know is not as bad as Krotch, but the Rangers were really looking to get rid of him.

Oh, and the cub fan comparison was bit low

brewcrew/chisox
07-11-2003, 10:48 PM

(Justin Sanders? he can't be worse)

I mean Josh Stewart, sorry

xil357
07-11-2003, 10:58 PM

1. Commit haricari.

JJAustin69
07-11-2003, 11:09 PM
If I were Chisox GM I would make my Hall of Fame catcher name of Fisk play the outfield. Oh wait...I did that. And you think Manuel is the ultimate Tinkerer. Just wait until I get the team back in my clutches. Frank Thomas at third. HAHAHAHA :hawk

doublem23
07-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Please no Phil Garner. Please.

brewcrew/chisox
07-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Please no Phil Garner. Please.

Ok, no Phil Garner. How about Tom Treblehorn? Rich Kotite?

Fisk72
07-11-2003, 11:32 PM
How about this guy?

:pudge

doublem23
07-11-2003, 11:34 PM
While I doubt Fisk will ever work for the White Sox again, he'll never work for Reinsdorf.

WinningUgly!
07-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Gary Carter.

guillen4life13
07-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Said it before, will say it again: Jeff Torborg.

Even better would be Larry Dierker. Read This! (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1577994.html)

Lip Man 1
07-12-2003, 12:34 AM
If I were White Sox GM:

I'd slit my wrists...

Lip

Hangar18
07-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Said it before, will say it again: Jeff Torborg.

Even better would be Larry Dierker. Read This! (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1577994.html)

Larry Dierker.......I keep forgetting he's available. The only thng though, wasnt he run out of Houston because he couldnt win in the Playoffs? He seems to be a good Game Strategist, which this Sox Team HASNT HAD in Years, I can surely say...... That alone has cost us a few games

stefaninsane
07-12-2003, 11:10 AM
bobby valentine

alohafri
07-12-2003, 11:56 AM
I would even consider Kitty at this time.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Bring Back Bevington!!!

ok that would be horrible. valentine, backman, dierker, they would all be better than the clown in charge now.