STOP THE MADNESS!!

gosox41
07-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Konerko's starting at 1B
Frank DH
R. Alomar on the bench.

?????????????

STOP THE MADNESS!! But you can't blame JM for the lack of offense. He doesn't swing a bat or anything.

Without knowing the rest of the line up, let me make a few observations.

1. Frank hits better when he plays the field then he does when he is a DH. I don't know why. I don't care why. He just does. This year it's a big difference, but it's been the case throughout his career. Play him at 1B.

2. The offense is struggling so why start a hitter who is hitting all of .185. Doesn't Daubach have the fourth best OPS on the team? Start him...at DH. Let Frank play first.

3. The All Star break is in 3 days. Robbie had a day off on Monday like the rest of the team. Does he really need one right now. Can't he play 4 games in 3 days? Especially in his old stomping ground.

So here's an assignment for all you JR supporters: Does this lineup give the Sox the best chance to win and why?

Bob

SluggersAway
07-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Stop being amazed every few games. Olivo catches Garland, Colon, and Loaiza. Alomar gets the call for Buerhle and Wright.

gosox41
07-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
Stop being amazed every few games. Olivo catches Garland, Colon, and Loaiza. Alomar gets the call for Buerhle and Wright.

So what's that have to do with my above post?

Bob

Daver
07-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
[COLOR=teal]

3. The All Star break is in 3 days. Robbie had a day off on Monday like the rest of the team. Does he really need one right now. Can't he play 4 games in 3 days? Especially in his old stomping ground.

Lefty starter,Alomar is struggling from the right side of the plate.

Foulke You
07-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Robbie would be fired up to play his old team I would think. Ditto Sandy Alomar. Daubach hits lefty pitchers pretty well. They should all be in the lineup today.

FarmerAndy
07-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway

What does that have to do with ROBERTO Alomar?

FarmerAndy
07-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by daver
Lefty starter,Alomar is struggling from the right side of the plate.

At least your reply made sense. :)

doublem23
07-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Can we get a smiley face banging its head into the wall? I think it would be appropriate.

Daver
07-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Can we get a smiley face banging its head into the wall? I think it would be appropriate.

I think West has one on his companies board,I'll see what I can do.

That is where this guy came from.

:bandance:

RKMeibalane
07-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Frank DH

Just yesterday, Manuel mentioned that he would try to play Frank at first more. This is yet another example of how Manuel doesn't say what he means, or how he says something and then changes his mind. When is he going to stop doing this?

What Jerry Thinks:

:jerry

"Frank Thomas will play first base more often."

What Jerry Says:

:jerry

"Bbooofugdjf gerzoid blamo!"

Someone needs to fire this man before he does irreparable harm to the White Sox organization.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Someone needs to fire this man before he does irreparable harm to the White Sox organization.

Too late...