PDA

View Full Version : Flubs almost as bad as the Sox

cheeses_h_rice
07-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Prior's getting shelled 6-1. Looks like the Flubs will soon be back to .500 for the first time since early April.

Welcome to Mediocreville, boy-os!

LuvSox
07-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Of course I'm a Sox fan first, Cubbie hater second, but their misery make me smile from ear to ear. :D:

Hullett_Fan
07-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Noticed that Vinny Castilla (3rd baseman Flubs said no thanks to when they decided Bellhorn's their man) hit a HR and double, 4 RBI.

Flubs current 3B Jose K. Hernandez is 0 for 3.

:D:

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Hate to say this..... but at least I have something
to smile about right now. and hes supposed to be their
Messiah. hahahahahahaa :cool:

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Prior's getting shelled 6-1. Looks like the Flubs will soon be back to .500 for the first time since early April.

Welcome to Mediocreville, boy-os!

Welcome to? lol, we've been mired in it for years, my man.

I feel bad for Prior. He was involved in a nasty collision where he landed on his right shoulder, and Baker leaves him in. His velocity was well down, and he couldn't hit his spots. Something's wrong. Baker's a clown.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Noticed that Vinny Castilla (3rd baseman Flubs said no thanks to when they decided Bellhorn's their man) hit a HR and double, 4 RBI.
:D:

Actually, Vinny Castilla did what McGriff was to chicken to do.
He told the cubs NO Way. He signed with the Astros, remember?

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I feel bad for Prior. He was involved in a nasty collision where he landed on his right shoulder, and Baker leaves him in. His velocity was well down, and he couldn't hit his spots. Something's wrong. Baker's a clown.

He was in a collision? do you thnk hes hurt, or just taking it
a little careful? is the wind blowing out today?

DrCrawdad
07-11-2003, 04:33 PM

How many runs did Prior give up before the collision?

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
How many runs did Prior give up before the collision?

cheeses_h_rice
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM

Vic, I count you among the few hundred enlightened Flubs fans around. I was making my point for the benefit of those unbearably arrogant, premature-prognosticatin' Flub fans who were busy printing up World Series tickets in April, May and early June...

:) :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
07-11-2003, 04:46 PM
LOL, I just noticed Sham-ME* now has 2 solo zingers in this game.

Anyone think the Shaminator recently re-discovered his missing package of Flintstones Chewable Vitamins...?

:nandrolone

Keep it on the down-low, cheeses.

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 05:21 PM
I didn't realize how good Sosa has been this year, too bad everyone else sucks. Except Choi and Ramon Martinez, but Dusty doesn't want to "go to the well" with players under 32 I guess.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2003, 05:23 PM

Hmmmm. I wasn't following the game closely, but I thought he gave up more before the collision.

Regarding your comment on Baker, are you considering callling him Dusty Baylor or Don Baker?

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 05:24 PM
We went one step further, "Donsty Bayloker" because he's a clown, and that's a silly ass name...and clowns are silly like that.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I didn't realize how good Sosa has been this year, too bad everyone else sucks. Except Choi and Ramon Martinez, but Dusty doesn't want to "go to the well" with players under 32 I guess.

Choi? I don't have his stats at hand at the moment but it sure seems as though he's cooled considerably after a hot start. Whiffs quite a bit too.

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 05:27 PM
He has, that head trauma has that effect though :)

He walks quite a bit, .850 OPS as a rookie? I'll take it. And very good defensively.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2003, 06:45 PM
We went one step further, "Donsty Bayloker" because he's a clown, and that's a silly ass name...and clowns are silly like that.

I guess then that you don't endorse the "Dusty Baker Genius" tag that was hyped by the media and many Cub fans.

From what I've heard from a few Cub fans who's opinion I respect, they've said that Dusty is a good motivator but not the best at game management.

Shoeless Joe
07-11-2003, 06:48 PM
That head to knee collision with Marcus Giles was definitely not a good sight. It's sad that the Cubs have to result to taking out other teams players because of the losing.

Isn't funny to see Samuel Sosa start hitting countless HR's when his team is losing 9-3 and not when it's a tie game.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2003, 06:51 PM

Immediately after the collision Prior retired the side 1-2-3. I wonder how much the collision had to do with the runs Prior allowed.

Prior wasn't his usual self in the two starts before today.

vs. ST LOUIS 7.0IP 5HITS 4EARNED RUNS 1HRS

vs. PHI 6.2IP 9HITS 3RUNS 1EARNED RUNS

Vsahajpal
07-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Bonds makes everyone look like a genius.

As for Prior, he looked noticeably off in the 4th, his fastball was at 95 to start the game (struck out Furcal and Giles, and Chipper was way late on a fastball).

In the 4th, he was barely touching 90, and had no curve. He called out for Dave Tumbas, next pitch, Andruw hit a bomb, and then he was pulled. I hope he's okay.