PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I was wrong

cheeses_h_rice
08-23-2001, 09:26 AM
Last night's comeback DEFINITELY was not the lowpoint of the season, despite what I posted when it was 7-2. I did tune back in every few innings and watched the progress unfold. Went to bed when it was 13-8 thinking that they still might blow it.

And they almost did! Yeesh.

Oh well, a W is a W.

Kilroy
08-23-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Went to bed when it was 13-8 thinking that they still might blow it.

And they almost did! Yeesh.

Oh well, a W is a W.

I was gonna turn it off when it was 13-8 too, but Kip put the first two men on again that inning, and Howry was warming up. When he came in with sacks packed, my only question was would we be able to hold the one run lead. Howry 2001 = Simas 2000. Its almost a guarantee that Howry will allow inherited runners to score.

Procol Harum
08-23-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I was gonna turn it off when it was 13-8 too, but Kip put the first two men on again that inning, and Howry was warming up. When he came in with sacks packed, my only question was would we be able to hold the one run lead. Howry 2001 = Simas 2000. Its almost a guarantee that Howry will allow inherited runners to score.

Yeah, Wells in trouble and Howry warming up is a textbook example of a meltdown waiting to happen. But, Beltran's grand slam emptied the bases and thwarted the Royals' comeback!!
:jerry
"Hah! Foolish Royals--you fell into my trap!"