PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Logo. Anyone notice how ....


Hangar18
07-11-2003, 10:38 AM
On many many commercials and advertisements for the All-Star Game coming up....how the MLB has replaced the "SOX" logo thats atop the Logo, with a Generic, and Confusing "MLB" logo?
Are they trying to not let people know this games being hosted
by the WHITE SOX ?? Ive NEVER EVER seen this done before....
Why are they downplaying the SOX hosting this game? anyone
know the reasons? is it a security issue?

TornLabrum
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
On many many commercials and advertisements for the All-Star Game coming up....how the MLB has replaced the "SOX" logo thats atop the Logo, with a Generic, and Confusing "MLB" logo?
Are they trying to not let people know this games being hosted
by the WHITE SOX ?? Ive NEVER EVER seen this done before....
Why are they downplaying the SOX hosting this game? anyone
know the reasons? is it a security issue?

I sw that on the MLB.com web site, but I'm a volunteer worker this weekend, and we received our "uniforms," and they have the Sox logo at the top. Beats me what's going on.

harwar
07-11-2003, 10:50 AM
I think most people wish the game was at that other field on the northside with "sammy" sosa.They are even going to have a "special live at wrigley"baseball tonight at that other field before sunday night baseball,and i'm sure they will mention Chicago 100 times and our park maybe once in passing.

Clembasbal
07-11-2003, 11:00 AM
I am volunteering as well, and I will be in the Hyatt Ball Room...hope I see a lot of big league stars like Screech from Saved by the Bell -- who is in town.

I think they are changing it because the Sox getting recognition and money for having their logo on items, so MLB figured to probably save a few bucks and have all the profits go towards them and not both them and The Sox -- Go Figure?


:?:

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I am volunteering as well, and I will be in the Hyatt Ball Room...hope I see a lot of big league stars like Screech from Saved by the Bell -- who is in town.

I think they are changing it because the Sox getting recognition and money for having their logo on items, so MLB figured to probably save a few bucks and have all the profits go towards them and not both them and The Sox -- Go Figure?


:?:

MLB owns ALL the logos, so anyone buying a Sox Cap, actually is buying something from MLB, not the Sox. I think MLB is privately wishing this game was on the N Side. Why would ESPN be broadcasting their ALL STAR SPECIAL from WRIGLEY FIELD, instead of COMISKEY, where the game is ACTUALLY BEING PLAYED???? Thats a great question for SELIG btw

voodoochile
07-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
MLB owns ALL the logos, so anyone buying a Sox Cap, actually is buying something from MLB, not the Sox. I think MLB is privately wishing this game was on the N Side. Why would ESPN be broadcasting their ALL STAR SPECIAL from WRIGLEY FIELD, instead of COMISKEY, where the game is ACTUALLY BEING PLAYED???? Thats a great question for SELIG btw

It's an even better question for Reinsy...

steff
07-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
MLB owns ALL the logos, so anyone buying a Sox Cap, actually is buying something from MLB, not the Sox. I think MLB is privately wishing this game was on the N Side. Why would ESPN be broadcasting their ALL STAR SPECIAL from WRIGLEY FIELD, instead of COMISKEY, where the game is ACTUALLY BEING PLAYED???? Thats a great question for SELIG btw



Oh Henry... shadddduuupppp!! :whiner: :whiner:

TornLabrum
07-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
MLB owns ALL the logos, so anyone buying a Sox Cap, actually is buying something from MLB, not the Sox. I think MLB is privately wishing this game was on the N Side. Why would ESPN be broadcasting their ALL STAR SPECIAL from WRIGLEY FIELD, instead of COMISKEY, where the game is ACTUALLY BEING PLAYED???? Thats a great question for SELIG btw

Because The Cell has the Futures Game going on starting at 4:30 p.m.?

voodoochile
07-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Because The Cell has the Futures Game going on starting at 4:30 p.m.?

So they are going to ignore Comiskey and do it from Wrigley even though there is a valid reason to do it from Comiskey (tied into the AS weekend festivities) and the place will be packed with people...

Lip Man 1
07-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Personally I think the way the Sox are hitting this year the "official" Sox All Star Logo (including on the field) should be a profile of a Sox player (a la the late 70's) swinging at a ball and missing.

The ball could be already behind the batter.

That would be appropriate (since you can't show grounding into a double play)

Lip

harwar
07-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
So they are going to ignore Comiskey and do it from Wrigley even though there is a valid reason to do it from Comiskey (tied into the AS weekend festivities) and the place will be packed with people...

the espn baseball crew has broadcast live from the futures game in recent years.Theres' no reason for them to broadcast from wrigley sunday night except that they want to stick it to Riensdorf once again.It would be like broacasting from Shea the sunday night before an all-star game at yankee stadium,that would be ludicrous.They have been taking shots at the White sox since the strike year.I remember one game(3 or 4 years ago) Chris Berman ripping the White Sox team and players and making fun of the stadium(especially the scoreboard) for most of the game one sunday night

ewokpelts
07-11-2003, 02:03 PM
They did the same thing to the Brewers last year. I think it has more to do with teh national media and mlb's sponsors than sticking it to teh sox. If that was the case, then why would Selig do it to his own team?
Gene

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Because The Cell has the Futures Game going on starting at 4:30 p.m.?

A-Ha..... I guess I understand that. How could you do a show with a baseball game going on in the background. Hey...What
the....... Arent the cubs playing in the background against the
Braves that Nite too?? Whats going on here...

SouthBendSox
07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
someone get me a gun

gammons will apy

valposoxfan
07-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
someone get me a gun

gammons will apy
I'll make sure he apy's as well. And I don't think the logo has been taken off on national commercials for the game because the home team always throws their logo in the all star game logo but you never see it for national commercials for the game. This is something that always happens, nothing to worry about. However the broadcasting from Wrigley Field situation...that makes no sense and is downright disrespectful.