PDA

View Full Version : a stat on garland

jeremyb1
07-11-2003, 02:07 AM
if you subtract a rough outing against arizona, big jon has a 3.18 era over his last 11 starts. not bad.

Blueprint1
07-11-2003, 03:13 AM
our pitching is great. We just cant hit the ball when we have runners on. We don't do well against young pitching

delben91
07-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Garland's been on fire of late. Looks like he's finally coming into his own...just took him a while. If he can keep this up, looks like the Sox might end up having one of those "can't miss kids" (my apologies to Lip for using his line) actually come though.

hold2dibber
07-11-2003, 07:20 AM
To me, the big question coming into this season was the starting rotation. And the starting rotation has been outstanding overall. If the hitting was just league average, this team would be running away with the division. Instead, the Sox have nearly the worst offense in the league. Who'da thunked it?

wallyball
07-11-2003, 07:29 AM
You know I understand that everyone thinks it took so long for Garland and that he is finally coming into his own. However , you have to remember the guy is only 23. 2 years older than Willis. 1 Year older than Prior. 1 year younger than Buehrle. 3 years younger than Wood. Most pitchers are not all that great that young. If he is finally turning the corner and gaining confidence and conistency then we have a gem. With he and Buehrle we have a lefty righty combination the Scrubs can only dream of. There is a lot to like about Garland. Let hope he keeps it up!

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Mabel......Our boy Johnny is all Grown Up now.......*sniff* *sniff*

ssang
07-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by wallyball
If he is finally turning the corner and gaining confidence and conistency then we have a gem. With he and Buehrle we have a lefty righty combination the Scrubs can only dream of. There is a lot to like about Garland.

Yeah, I'm sure the Cubs are just freaking out that they have the ass-poor combo of Prior and Wood!

Iguana775
07-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ssang
Yeah, I'm sure the Cubs are just freaking out that they have the ass-poor combo of Prior and Wood!

yea, I think I'd take Wood and Prior over Burly and Garland anyday.

wallyball
07-11-2003, 09:51 AM
wow you guys just like to argue or what? I mean even to back the scrubs? I believe what I am trying to say is this. The Scrubs continue to try to get a left hander in their rotation of all right handed power pitchers. Isnt that why most Scrub fans are all pissed off about Dontrelle Willis. Not only the fact that he looks great, but that they need a lefty. That is all. Back the Scrubs all you like. Just my opinion.

JRIG
07-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
if you subtract a rough outing against arizona, big jon has a 3.18 era over his last 11 starts. not bad.

Garland has also allowed 2 ER or less in 8 of his last 10 starts.

white sox bill
07-12-2003, 11:08 AM
I was always envisioning Garland being the equivalent of Shammy meaning maybe we can get even by trading Karchner to the them for our "diamond in the rough" who ends up a stud. Then we shove it down the Flubs a$$!

jeremyb1
07-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Garland's been on fire of late. Looks like he's finally coming into his own...just took him a while. If he can keep this up, looks like the Sox might end up having one of those "can't miss kids" (my apologies to Lip for using his line) actually come though.

what about buehrle?