PDA

View Full Version : stupid new soldier field idea

ihatethecubs
08-23-2001, 03:47 AM
anybody see these goofs who came up with the new soldier field plan? it would be north of comiskey park on the parking lot where old comiskey once stood. why is this the hot new place to want to put a stadium? the fire wants to build a stadium there too.
only problem is they never asked the sox or the community if they could build it. plus it would take up an entire parking lot and armour park and the gate that goes over 35th street. it would also have a retractable roof, thats for p**sies

carltonfisk
08-23-2001, 10:39 AM
It ain't gonna happen. They just threw it out there just for the hell of it. Probably to at least get people to start thinking about other sites besides the lakefront. I did like the idea return Soldier Field to its original size (before it was constructed soley for football). To tell you the truth, I don't think this issue will be resolved for a LONG time. And I have a bad feeling that when they do settle on a design, people will complain just like they do about Comiskey Park nowadays.

voodoochile
08-23-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by carltonfisk
It ain't gonna happen. They just threw it out there just for the hell of it. Probably to at least get people to start thinking about other sites besides the lakefront. I did like the idea return Soldier Field to its original size (before it was constructed soley for football). To tell you the truth, I don't think this issue will be resolved for a LONG time. And I have a bad feeling that when they do settle on a design, people will complain just like they do about Comiskey Park nowadays.

Don't kid yourself. The SF plan is a done deal The lawsuits may slow it up a bit, but if that stadium doesn't get built, I'll eat this computer. Daley and the GOB network stuffed it through and nothing will stop it now...