PDA

View Full Version : HR Derby Participants?

Foulke You
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Let me take a break from crying in my beer over getting swept by the Tigers and ask if anyone has heard who will be competing in the HR Derby on Monday? I only have tickets to the derby and not the game itself and was hoping to see Frank but it doesn't look like that will happen. I figure Giambi is a lock and Everett might participate. Does anyone know if non-All Stars are ever invited to the HR derby? I know all of last year's competitors were All Stars but has there been any non all stars in the past? Perhaps Frank or Magglio could get in? I know Maggs won the derby in Vegas earlier this year and I bet he'd do some damage especially with no Barry Bonds to contend with.

WinningUgly!
07-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Let me take a break from crying in my beer over getting swept by the Tigers and ask if anyone has heard who will be competing in the HR Derby on Monday? I only have tickets to the derby and not the game itself and was hoping to see Frank but it doesn't look like that will happen. I figure Giambi is a lock and Everett might participate. Does anyone know if non-All Stars are ever invited to the HR derby? I know all of last year's competitors were All Stars but has there been any non all stars in the past? Perhaps Frank or Magglio could get in? I know Maggs won the derby in Vegas earlier this year and I bet he'd do some damage especially with no Barry Bonds to contend with.

I haven't heard who's in it, but they should let Billy Koch pitch.

Foulke You
07-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I haven't heard who's in it, but they should let Billy Koch pitch.

LOL! Perhaps they can let Koch pitch to the AL and Alfonseca pitch to the NL for that Chicago flavor? :D:

WinningUgly!
07-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
LOL! Perhaps they can let Koch pitch to the AL and Alfonseca pitch to the NL for that Chicago flavor? :D:

The HR Derby would go on forever. :)