PDA

View Full Version : Sox at home vs Sox on road

Foulke You
07-10-2003, 06:09 PM
One common thread I've noticed between all of the Sox free falls in this roller coaster of a season is that we struggle mightily on the road while playing with more fire and guts at home. We do everything better at the Cell, specifically HIT better. I don't know what the team does different in its approach at the plate on the road but they better figure it out quick. If these guys are out partying too much on the road then they need a curfew set.

We are set to have a homestand after the all star break where we no doubt will probably beat the Tigers and Indians which will send us near the .500 mark again and tease fans by remaining a stone's throw from the Royals but when they hit the road, they will surely flop.

Look at the teams that have pounded us on the road. A sweep at Kaufmann Stadium to start the year from the Royals, lost 2 out of 3 at Camden Yards by the O's, a sweep by the Twins at the Metrodome, lost 2 out of 3 at Arizona, swept by the Indians at the Jake, losting 2 out of 3 to the D-Rays at Tropicana, a sweep by the Tigers at Comerica. Many of those games we got quality starts that the Sox should have won but they just can't find a hitting groove away from the South Side. I can only think of two big road series that the Sox won this year and that was 2 out of 3 at Wrigley versus the Cubs and 2 out of 3 versus the Twins at the Metrodome 2 weeks ago. After this horror show versus the D-Rays and Tigers those games seem like decades ago.

We all know that good teams i.e. playoff bound teams know how to win on the road. Until the Sox find some consistency on the road it is going to be tough to watch between those homestands.

WillieHarris12
07-10-2003, 06:10 PM
:jerry
"If we played every game at home we'd have clinched by now!"