PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Being a White SOx Fan!

ssang
07-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Does anyone else hate being a Sox fan? Why did my dad bring me up this way?!?!!? Damn you, dad. My life would be so much more at ease if I didn't have an interest in this painful franchise.

WillieHarris12
07-10-2003, 02:28 PM
I feel this way at times. I envy successful teams.

Chisox353014
07-10-2003, 02:42 PM
The only thing that consoles me at times like this is the knowledge that being a Cubs fan is even worse.....at this particular moment in time I'm not sure I remember why it's worse LOL....but I know that it is. :D:

DonkeyKongerko
07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
The only thing good is when we suck this bad we don't have to listen to Ron Santo "OHH NOOOO" and Chip Carey's rationalizations. Also when the Sox lose they barely are even mentioned in the paper.

hold2dibber
07-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ssang
Does anyone else hate being a Sox fan? Why did my dad bring me up this way?!?!!? Damn you, dad. My life would be so much more at ease if I didn't have an interest in this painful franchise.

No kidding. Sometimes I feel pangs of guilt for infecting my son (who is 7) with this vile affliction. But then I tell myself its character building - that's the only thing that lets me sleep at night.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Times like these I like to read a book,

May I recommend:

Veeck-As In Wreck by Bill Veeck and Ed Linn

and

Ball Four- Jim Bouton

It will make the current road trip feel sooooo far away. Also, can we get the team to pretend that it is facing the Cubs?

Amnesia Juice-------->:gulp:

Konerkoholic
07-10-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking a lot of Sox fans are murderers or something. The amount of embarassment and failure the last 3 years is like a recurring nightmare. I think we are all being punished in some way.

39thandWallace
07-10-2003, 09:42 PM

The way I look at it the only thing you can do is move to another city, because ALL professional sports teams here suck.

StepsInSC
07-10-2003, 09:53 PM
At least you have someone to blame...only God knows why I became a fan when I was 8.

hsnterprize
07-11-2003, 05:59 AM
Does anyone else hate being a Sox fan? Why did my dad bring me up this way?!?!!? Damn you, dad. My life would be so much more at ease if I didn't have an interest in this painful franchise. Okay...I can understand your frustration. I'm pretty peeved at the Sox' latest performance. But...you've got to keep an even keel about this. Weren't you one of those who were all over the place cheering when the Sox took 4 out of 6 from the Cubs and 5 out of 6 from the Twins? I know losing 5 out of 6 to teams like Tampa Bay and Detroit, but this will pass. I know it's hard to see right now, but this time will pass. Our Sox are going to be okay. Not to mention, realize that there are more important things in life rather than whether or not our favorite team wins or loses.

:bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance:

Yes...our team stunk up the joint this past week. But, we're still fans, and we still love to dance for our Sox!!!!!

daveb816
07-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Would you be happier as a fan of the Brewers, Tigers, Pirates, or Royals? Outside of the Royals this season, all of these teams have been awful for 9 or 10 seasons.

If being a Sox fan is so terrible, become a Braves, Mariners, or Yankees fan. Then you can stop whining.

ssang
07-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by daveb816
Would you be happier as a fan of the Brewers, Tigers, Pirates, or Royals? Outside of the Royals this season, all of these teams have been awful for 9 or 10 seasons.

If being a Sox fan is so terrible, become a Braves, Mariners, or Yankees fan. Then you can stop whining.

WHO ARE YOU!?!?! Obviously we are half serious about this post...don't be a moron! And I think we have the right to bitch after the most pathetic 6 games I've seen in years with this team. And trust me, there have been many many more pathetic stretches. This stretch was the worst of the 'em all.

guillen4life13
07-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by daveb816

At least the Royals and Tigers have won the World Series in the last 20 years. Also, the Brewers made the series in 1982, which is much more than we can say for ourselves.

At least these teams have had legitimate success during most of our lifetimes.

harwar
07-11-2003, 10:27 AM

I have a 24 yr old daughter that has been thinking along these same lines lately.Her attitude changed a bit after giving her my AS tickets but its a cross that i will have to bear during this long bad season and many more to come.

DC Sox Fan
07-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Times like these I like to read a book,

I just finished "Stealing First in a Two Team Town" and it's pretty uplifting, except for the part where they talk about how great the Sox will be in the '90s with Black Jack, Robin, the Hurt and co. Makes you wonder what could have happened.... DAMN THAT STRIKE!!!

voodoochile
07-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I have a 24 yr old daughter that has been thinking along these same lines lately.Her attitude changed a bit after giving her my AS tickets but its a cross that i will have to bear during this long bad season and many more to come.

Ahhhh... 24.... it's a tough age. College is over and they are finding their way in the world. It's inevitable that they will start to question their parents wisdom at that point in time. Hang in there. She'll turn 30 eventually...

:D:

T Dog
07-11-2003, 11:55 AM
A White Sox fan is what I am. It is part of my character. It would be sweet if the Sox won more, but it would be hollow to root for another team because they win.

The truth is, most baseball teams break the hearts of their fans. This morning, wearing my 1917-logo Sox jacket while waiting to catch a boat in Skagway, Alaska, a jogger ran by me and asked, "White Sox?" A few minutes later he passed me again and said, "Red Sox fan here."

I said I was sorry, and he called back, "So am I."

moochpuppy
07-11-2003, 12:14 PM

He should have brought you up rooting for another team in the region. Cubs? Brewers? Tigers? Twins? Aw Hell, it could be worse.

steff
07-11-2003, 12:32 PM
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! Obviously we are half serious about this post...don't be a moron! And I think we have the right to bitch after the most pathetic 6 games I've seen in years with this team. And trust me, there have been many many more pathetic stretches. This stretch was the worst of the 'em all.

And WHO ARE YOU??

I AGREE with his thoughts 1500000%. You have the right to express your thoughts and he has his.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: (<-- that is my favorite smiley lately, eh?)