PDA

View Full Version : It's official


Iwritecode
07-10-2003, 02:18 PM
The Sox are the worst team in MLB. I don't care if the Tigers lose 130 games this season, they just proved they are better than the Sox...

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Last week we were the toast of baseball, and now we are the laughing stock of MLB.

cheeses_h_rice
07-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey, for the most part we had good pitching (except for Colon's single/double-itis yesterday).

What the **** happened to our vaunted offense?

Iwritecode
07-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Last week we were the toast of baseball, and now we are the laughing stock of MLB.

Last week we beat 2 teams struggling to stay above .500. Wake me up when we take a series from a good team...

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2003, 02:24 PM
I was talking more about our GM stepping up and making two nice acquisitions.

Iwritecode
07-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hey, for the most part we had good pitching (except for Colon's single/double-itis yesterday).

What the **** happened to our vaunted offense?

But I thought it was pitching and defense that wins games???

It's games like this that are the reason the Sox lead the league in quality starts yet can't get back to .500 to save their lives...

Iwritecode
07-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I was talking more about our GM stepping up and making two nice acquisitions.

That's true. It's just too bad that a Sox uniform seems to be the equivilent of Kryptonite...

FarmerAndy
07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Now does anybody want to question the fact that this team is done?

This team is a joke. It's over. Dust off that white flag, please.

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I can't disagree. Today's effort was pathetic, and this team is finished.

JJAustin69
07-10-2003, 02:52 PM
And to add insult to injury, it was 1-0. Way to waste another splendid effort by Loaiza. Nice run support you bums.

oheeoh...magglio
07-10-2003, 02:55 PM
loaiza has lost to the TIGERS 1-0 TWICE THIS YEAR!! something must be done!!

harwar
07-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Its obvious that the White Sox are on a free fall.I think KW needs to fire JM during the AS break and see what happens,otherwise we will just keep playing like(expleetive deleeted) and go to the bottom.

DonkeyKongerko
07-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Poor Loaiza. Hmm I wonder if he will want to stick around next year while we ruin another season where he should have FIFTEEN WINS ALREADY.

Shoeless Joe
07-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Take a chill pill everyone! It's not out of the ordinary that a team faces some type of adversity at some time during the season . And granted the Sox have faced adversity more than a couple of times this season.

But let's look at this in a positive way rather than the usual negative way. The Tigers are still one of the worst teams in the majors but their youth still has some talent on it. The Dodgers are in a similar position of having an absolutely horrible offense so at least we're not the only team who has this problem. Everyone seems to forget this piece of information: there is still one half of baseball left! Last time I checked the mid-season standings don't count as the final records.

If anything else let's enjoy the All-Star break and get ready for refreshed White Sox team.

oheeoh...magglio
07-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
Take a chill pill everyone! It not out of the ordinary that a team faces some type of adversity at some time during the season . And granted the Sox have faced adversity more than a couple of times this season.

But let's look at this in a positive way rather than the usual negative way. The Tigers are still one of the worst teams in the majors but their youth still has some talent on it. The Dodgers are in a similar position of having an absolutely horrible offense so at least we're not the only team who has this problem. Everyone seems to forget this piece of information: there is still one half of baseball left! Last time I checked the mid-season standings don't count as the final records.

If anything else let's enjoy the All-Star break and get ready for refreshed White Sox team.

are you crazy?? this is a bad, heartless ballclub that got lucky for 12 games against minny and the flubs and every1 thought they were good cuz our division sucks so bad, that a 9-3 stretch got us within 3 and a half of first. We are 1-5 on a road trip vs the devil dawgs and the kitties, sox are done enough said.

siugrad25
07-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm trying to keep optimistic, but I'm finding it near impossible after this latest collapse. Something needs to be done, we can't leave this team status quo. I really thought after acquiring Everett and Alomar that we would run through the Rays and Tigers, but this is inexcusable. I've never given up hope, but I did pull out my Bears hat just in case.

Nellie_Fox
07-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
Take a chill pill everyone! It's not out of the ordinary that a team faces some type of adversity at some time during the season . And granted the Sox have faced adversity more than a couple of times this season.

But let's look at this in a positive way rather than the usual negative way. . .If anything else let's enjoy the All-Star break and get ready for refreshed White Sox team. If you are able to find positives like this, you're cut from different cloth than I am.

Procol Harum
07-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Couple 'o three questions;

1. Anybody know what the ML record is for most 1-0 losses by a team in a season?

2. After nearly 3 seasons of ineptitude, on what basis, exactly, has the oft-repeated opinion that this is a good-hitting baseball team, come to pass?

3. So, whaddya think, Loaiza on any decent team--16-1 now?

jeremyb1
07-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
are you crazy?? this is a bad, heartless ballclub that got lucky for 12 games against minny and the flubs and every1 thought they were good cuz our division sucks so bad, that a 9-3 stretch got us within 3 and a half of first. We are 1-5 on a road trip vs the devil dawgs and the kitties, sox are done enough said.

for the millionth time, it has nothing to do with heart and everthing to do with hitting. you don't score three runs in three games against the tigers because you lack heart, you have to be fixing games to hit so poorly against the tigers or simply be incappable of hitting better.

voodoochile
07-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
for the millionth time, it has nothing to do with heart and everthing to do with hitting. you don't score three runs in three games against the tigers because you lack heart, you have to be fixing games to hit so poorly against the tigers or simply be incappable of hitting better.

For the most part I agree. I think that talent will normally overcome effort, but the combination can be amazing. Some of the problem stems from a lack of effort. Players aren't trying to do anything but swing for the fences. There is little collective effort put toward doing the little things or hitting behind runners, etc. That is a sign of bad coaching and laziness. Some people call that heart.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2003, 09:17 PM
If anything else let's enjoy the All-Star break and get ready for refreshed White Sox team.

That's supposed to be in deep pink (or is it Pink Floyd, or Tim Floyd?)

As for 1-0 games the Sox have only lost three this year unfortunately it didn't come against the Yankees or Red Sox or A's or Mariners...

IT CAME AGAINST THE TIGERS AND PADRES!

Joe Horlen and Gary Peters used to lost four of five of those 1-0 type games every season, but they also used to win a bunch of them too.

The Sox hitting in those days was as poor as this year but their defense, base running and execution was much better so they usually won more low scoring games then they lost.

That's the difference between then and now.

Lip

gosox41
07-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hey, for the most part we had good pitching (except for Colon's single/double-itis yesterday).

What the **** happened to our vaunted offense?

I keep saying there's something rotten on this team. And it's bigger then just a gew guys slumping here and there. It starts with JM's constant tinkering with a batting order. How are guys supposed to get in a groove when they don't even know their roles. It also screws up a hitters timing playing 3-4 days a week

Bob

StepsInSC
07-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Now does anybody want to question the fact that this team is done?

This team is a joke. It's over. Dust off that white flag, please.

Im stupid I know, but Ill question it until they are mathematically eliminated.