PDA

View Full Version : Who will buy season tickets for next year?

Dadawg_77
07-10-2003, 02:29 PM
I have had a partial plan since 2001 (first year out of school) and I will probably not reup next year. This team is to pitiful to even consider spend $500 on next year. What are the season ticket holder doing next year? And those who aren't season ticket and live in the Chicagoland area holders, do you plan on even considering buying season tickets for next year?

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2003, 02:31 PM
It depends on what happens the remainder of the season and in the offseason.

Dadawg_77
07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Unless they fire everyone, this offseason will probally suck.

WillieHarris12
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I will get them every year still. They play good at home.

FoulTerritory
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
If they fire Manuel I might renew.

A.T. Money
07-10-2003, 02:41 PM
They don't deserve my money.

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2003, 03:03 PM

Hangar18
07-10-2003, 03:15 PM
if this team REBUILDS this winter, I WONT be buying again.

dickallen15
07-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm in as long as they continue the season ticketholder party? Are they having it this year?

whitesoxwilkes
07-10-2003, 03:40 PM
I still like beer and baseball even if it's bad. I'll be renewing.

mandmandm
07-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Time to bring back the town hall meeting. Should have known that when they trotted out KW along with JR, RS, and JM, he was to be the heir apparent.

duke of dorwood
07-10-2003, 03:51 PM
:reinsy

Shut up and pay

:KW

I'll be better next year

:jerry

I'll be butter next year

WhiteSoxWinner
07-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
I'm in as long as they continue the season ticketholder party? Are they having it this year?

What is that party all about?

I split a full season package with a bunch of other guys, but I think I might move over and split a weekend package due to all the increased travel with work. I am usually home on weekends.

dickallen15
07-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
What is that party all about?

I split a full season package with a bunch of other guys, but I think I might move over and split a weekend package due to all the increased travel with work. I am usually home on weekends.

Its great, the bullpen bar and the picnic areas are open. The beer is free as are the burgers, hot dogs and chicken and you can hang out on the field, throw a ball around, go into the visitor clubhouse. Last year we went on a tour and they took us up to the press box. We were doing Gene Honda impersonations on the public address system. That party alone is worth the season ticket price.

steff
07-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Ugh.

So disappointed in some of you.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Lip Man 1
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
It will depend for Chicago area residents on what happens this off season. The Sox now have (I think) a half dozen free agents along with arbitration eligible players.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility should attendence drop out the second half this year that Reinsdorf will cut the payroll by as much as twenty million.

You are looking at a 100 loss team then.

Question for Steff, why are you disappointed? Considering the poor economy and how expensive it is for season tickets plus the underachieving slate especially the past three years, I can't blame good Sox fans for turning their back until management shows them that the Sox are worthy of their investment.

Don't you think a sports organization has a responsibility to their fans? Shouldn't an organization win something now and again before demanding money and castigating those who decide not to?

Fan loyalty is very nice but it's a two way street. I think many on this board would argue that it's been a one way proposition for far to long.

Lip

39thandWallace
07-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Ugh.

So disappointed in some of you.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I only bought a partial plan for All-Star tickets I always heard of a All-Star weekend, that I guess starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday? That sucks!

I'll go to games next year but only on Monday's and Tuesday's. No more season ticket plans.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 09:08 AM
I have really enjoyed my season tickets this year, dont get me wrong. Was frustrating to see them lose something like their first 7 or 8 home gms I was in attendance before turning it around. Ive made a few friends in my section and Im so at home around other Sox Fans. HOWEVER, Sox Fans are NOT Sheep, we just wont show up if you put mediocre product on the field. These last 2 weeks have SHOWN ME that there ARE SOX FANS OUT THERE, and MAN, thats too bad these IDIOTS decided to start Losing regularly again, because the FAN SUPPORT was coming and Building Steam. Ive seen many many sox fans in far and out of the way places, especially out of town. This Team
Has a pretty Big Fan Base. They Sox just dont know how to Market to them, and the Media Doesnt Acknowledge it.....
This Team will have to Continue

mandmandm
07-11-2003, 09:46 AM
2003 Playoffs = Renew. As much as I enjoy having tickets and the seats I have the fact is except for 4 games tickets are very easy to get. Since I have had my seats I have only seen two playoff losses. I have had some poor experiences with the ticket rep. You would think they were Cub's season ticket reps with their attitude. Hit Reinsdorf in the pocket and maybe he will put a winner in the front office and in the field. As for whether this makes me a loyal fan, I will still devote approximately 486 hours next summer watching this team and attend 20+ games.

dickallen15
07-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
2003 Playoffs = Renew. As much as I enjoy having tickets and the seats I have the fact is except for 4 games tickets are very easy to get. Since I have had my seats I have only seen two playoff losses. I have had some poor experiences with the ticket rep. You would think they were Cub's season ticket reps with their attitude. Hit Reinsdorf in the pocket and maybe he will put a winner in the front office and in the field. As for whether this makes me a loyal fan, I will still devote approximately 486 hours next summer watching this team and attend 20+ games.

I had a great rep, but he got a promotion. The rep I have now is horrible, I called to have my account switched to someone else, they told me the supervisor was out that day and would call me. Tough to predict, that call never came. I will renew as long as I get a new rep and they still have the party.

steff
07-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
I only bought a partial plan for All-Star tickets I always heard of a All-Star weekend, that I guess starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday? That sucks!

I'll go to games next year but only on Monday's and Tuesday's. No more season ticket plans.

Check again.. the festivities started on the 11th and end on the 15th.

steff
07-11-2003, 01:27 PM
I had a great rep, but he got a promotion. The rep I have now is horrible, I called to have my account switched to someone else, they told me the supervisor was out that day and would call me. Tough to predict, that call never came. I will renew as long as I get a new rep and they still have the party.

Did you have Brad..? We have Chris now and he's not very helpful at all.

dickallen15
07-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Did you have Brad..? We have Chris now and he's not very helpful at all.

Exactly. Brad was the best. Chris is the opposite of best.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 01:35 PM
........ I will renew as long as I get a new rep and they still have the party.

What Party? Theres an All-Star Party going on? Steff, is this true?

steff
07-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Exactly. Brad was the best. Chris is the opposite of best.

Every single time I call him I feel like I am talking to a wall. And an email?!?! Forget it! I have to email Brad and ask him for help cause Chris' turnaround time is never less then 2 weeks!!

Clembasbal
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Tom Collins is our rep...Nice guy who knows his stuff (or from when I met him and talked to him).

Also, I will renew as well !!

-- There are a few proud that have had season tickets for years and even though I have had a partial plan since '91 I still like to think of myself as one of those. I will never give my seats up and I will never stop going...I don't care if they lose 120 games -- I love the Sox and I love the atmosphere.

:gulp:

steff
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
What Party? Theres an All-Star Party going on? Steff, is this true?

Yeah. They have a season ticket holders party. Don't know the exact dates. Kevin keeps track of that stuff..

voodoochile
07-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Every single time I call him I feel like I am talking to a wall. And an email?!?! Forget it! I have to email Brad and ask him for help cause Chris' turnaround time is never less then 2 weeks!!

As a long time service industry person and someone who is going through something similar with a person who provides service for me (through a different organization) I urge you to let people know about your problems. Dissatisfied customers are people who eventually don't come back. I never wanted that to happen. I realize the situation is unique because of the emotional involvement you both have, but tell someone about the problems you encounter. Maybe Chris needs to find another job that isn't customer service related...

Clembasbal
07-11-2003, 01:40 PM
I think they usually hold the party around the All Star weekend...which is at home this year.

I am sure they will have it in August when they are on the road for a two or more series.

The party has always been fun. :gulp:

dickallen15
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
As a long time service industry person and someone who is going through something similar with a person who provides service for me (through a different organization) I urge you to let people know about your problems. Dissatisfied customers are people who eventually don't come back. I never wanted that to happen. I realize the situation is unique because of the emotional involvement you both have, but tell someone about the problems you encounter. Maybe Chris needs to find another job that isn't customer service related...

I tried that approach. It was ignored.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah. They have a season ticket holders party. Don't know the exact dates. Kevin keeps track of that stuff..

wait a second, they Email you dont they? my other email has been down, i'll bet they emailed me and I didnt get the mssg.
I'll get this figured out...thanx

voodoochile
07-11-2003, 01:46 PM
I tried that approach. It was ignored.

Go up another level. Eventually someone will listen. If not, contact the newspapers - or at least threaten to.

Bring more heat to the Reinsy led organization until someone says, "enough."

dickallen15
07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
wait a second, they Email you dont they? my other email has been down, i'll bet they emailed me and I didnt get the mssg.
I'll get this figured out...thanx

You'll get an invitation in the mail. They usually have 2 dates from which to choose. Make sure you go, its not to be missed.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Apparently, there is a Private All Star Party for Season Tick holders, but they were only able to Invite TEN people, so thats what the deal was. Oh well.

ewokpelts
07-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey all,

There's a summer party for ticket holders? I thought there was only one befroe the season starts.

As for ticket reps, I have Brian, and He's pretty good. Mind you, if you drum up some extra buisness, they all love you. But I've had nothing but priase for him.

AND..... there was a season ticket event planned for all star week, but i think it got scrapped due to logistics(mlb, radioshack)...it was supossed to have happened during all star sunday.

Gene

steff
07-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Apparently, there is a Private All Star Party for Season Tick holders, but they were only able to Invite TEN people, so thats what the deal was. Oh well.

It was more then 10. And only very long time holders were invited. Prior to 83, at least. My grama got an invite. And Hal can probably ask Ella, cause I'm sure she got one as well. There were 35 or so invites sent out.

Hangar18
07-11-2003, 05:30 PM
It was more then 10. And only very long time holders were invited. Prior to 83, at least. My grama got an invite. And Hal can probably ask Ella, cause I'm sure she got one as well. There were 35 or so invites sent out.

Gotcha...that sounds about right, I'd do it that way I guess if I
couldnt invite everyone. Have Fun y'all

steff
07-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Gotcha...that sounds about right, I'd do it that way I guess if I
couldnt invite everyone. Have Fun y'all

I'm not going!! She's taking all her bowling girlfriends! And that's fine with me.. I don't wana be hanging around all those old farts!! :D: LOL

I wana be out in the crowd getting wasted baby! :gulp: :gulp: