PDA

View Full Version : Gandhi's Rhetoric

Lip Man 1
07-10-2003, 10:43 AM
I still believe that this team is going to come. There are enough good players. There just has to be a period where we'll play well. "--Jerry Manuel to the Chicago Tribune.

Sure... they'll play well when they are eight games out, a few games under .500 in August. It happens EVERY year under Manager Gandhi like clock work. He can keep wishing all he wants but it's not going to happen. They had their streak going 9-3 against the Cubs and Twins. Now it's time to go back to sleep.

Lip

voodoochile
07-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I still believe that this team is going to come. There are enough good players. There just has to be a period where we'll play well. "--Jerry Manuel to the Chicago Tribune.

Sure... they'll play well when they are eight games out, a few games under .500 in August. It happens EVERY year under Manager Gandhi like clock work. He can keep wishing all he wants but it's not going to happen. They had their streak going 9-3 against the Cubs and Twins. Now it's time to go back to sleep.

Lip

:jerry
"Mo...what? Mo..men... sayitagain...Mo...Men...Tum? I've never heard of that word. I think you are making it up. What does it mean? To take the excitement from a big series win or sweep and ride it to more victories? Who does that? I don't want any excitement in the clubhouse. It disturbs my sleep. Wake me when it's time to fill out the lineup card. Then I get to prove what a genius I am..."

delben91
07-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
They had their streak going 9-3 against the Cubs and Twins. Now it's time to go back to sleep.

Lip

That sure was nice while it lasted though. <Sigh>... To see the Sox play real baseball for a while, how sweet it was.

mandmandm
07-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Not sure this was posted but in the pregame radio show it was reported that JM had a team meeting before yesterday's game. In his talk he discussed that players have to play as a team and give up personal stats for team wins. He really inspired the troups.

Also, Bruce Levine reported that Paulie said he would outright refuse a request to go down to the minors to work on his suckiness.

voodoochile
07-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Not sure this was posted but in the pregame radio show it was reported that JM had a team meeting before yesterday's game. In his talk he discussed that players have to play as a team and give up personal stats for team wins. He really inspired the troups.

Also, Bruce Levine reported that Paulie said he would outright refuse a request to go down to the minors to work on his suckiness.

If they DFA him, no one would take him anyway. Their hands are tied...