PDA

View Full Version : Nice things we can do for Frank

Konerkoholic
07-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Obviously Frank must feel like s*** after all this. I think we as fans should step it up to show Frank how much we appreciate his efforts on the field this season.

1. People going to the ASG could start up a chant of "FRANK THOMAS, FRANK THOMAS, even though he's not there.

2. He should get a standing O at the Sox's next home game.

3. Bring some signs to the ballpark telling Frank he deserves to be an All-Star. I am going to make a big poster with a portrait of the Big Hurt.

doublem23
07-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I personally think every Sox fan should send him a letter or a card.

sox_fan_forever
07-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I think that is a GREAT idea. I don't know if Frank reads his fan mail, but I am going to do this.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 11:19 PM

At those prices? Are you nuts? I mean Good Lord, Man. It's $0.37 PER CARD! Do I look like I'm made out of money?

Jjav829
07-09-2003, 11:22 PM

LOL.

Konerkoholic
07-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I may send him a card. Anyone know where to send his mail? If so, please post it here on this thread.

DonkeyKongerko
07-10-2003, 01:12 AM
I believe fan mail can just be sent to the stadium Frank Thomas c/o of the White Sox or something like that. Who knows how much of it Frank even sees though.

Hangar18
07-10-2003, 07:50 AM
HE SHOULD BE THERE REGARDLESS. He finished 2nd in the voting, Sweeney gets hurt, and he gets passed over for a Yankee
Thats BS

Hangar18
07-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Ive already got an IDEA for Large Francis. When Giambi gets
announced, Im going to show my HUGE SIGN "Hey TORRE.....WHERES BIG FRANK"

xil357
07-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
HE SHOULD BE THERE REGARDLESS. He finished 2nd in the voting, Sweeney gets hurt, and he gets passed over for a Yankee
Thats BS

The Sox Army needs to be out in force to support Frank and to give a collective one-fingered salute to Boston, the Yankees, the Cubs, FOX, ESPN and Selig. Manuel needs a strong rebuke and stern reminder to get Frank back at 1B ON A FULL TIME BASIS.

If there is a groundswell of support that manifests itself on the national stage of the All Star game, the media and casual fans will have to take notice.

We need to get Frank so fired up about this double snub that he goes on an absolute tear for the second half and single-handedly carries the team to the post-season. We're talking a 93/94 Frank-type tear. A hot Frank both carries the team and allows the rest of the lineup to see better pitches. As Frank goes, so goes the team. Look at his numbers year by year: The more he produces, the better the team. His HOF eligibility shouldn't be a matter of debate, but sadly it is. He needs another one or two monster seasons and some post-season success to shut up the nay-sayers.

It is time for us, the Sox Army, to step up to the plate to do all we can to help make it happen.

DC Sox Fan
07-10-2003, 09:28 AM
1. People going to the ASG could start up a chant of "FRANK THOMAS, FRANK THOMAS, even though he's not there.

I think a "we want frank" chant might have better rhythm/sound to it :)

guillen4life13
07-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Ive already got an IDEA for Large Francis. When Giambi gets
announced, Im going to show my HUGE SIGN "Hey TORRE.....WHERES BIG FRANK"

Scoscia (sp) is the manager of the AL squad... or did you mean something else when you said Torre?