PDA

View Full Version : The AX for Manuel

JaylisJP
07-09-2003, 09:16 PM
This is my first post here, although I am a very loyal and realistic Sox fan. Point blank, Manuel should be fired. When you see this powerful team slogging through the season the way they are, it's obvious what the problem is. Our manager does nothing to combat the extreme lethargy and apathy that has plagued them from day 1 this year. Forget Koch and Konerko, when the entire team is batting horribly, leaving way too many on base, and losing series to Detroit and Tampa Bay without any fire the next day or will to pick themselves back up, then that DOES fall on the manager, and they Sox failure this season should, as well. They always say the coach shouldn't be fired, he's not striking out, etc..., but it this case, Manuel has struck out for all of us. He needs to go.

chisoxt
07-09-2003, 09:24 PM
I can't beleive that KW would trade away prospects, and to some extent spend today and pay tomorrow, and not pull the other trigger and do what should have been done on that August afternoon when JR read the riot act to the team...Fire this idiot of a manager. What difference does it make if you have to pay him for this year and next?...If the Sox fail to make the playoffs, he will be gone anyway, supposedly. Cut your losses now, Jerry reinsdorf and Kenny Williams!!!!!

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by JaylisJP
This is my first post here, although I am a very loyal and realistic Sox fan. Point blank, Manuel should be fired. When you see this powerful team slogging through the season the way they are, it's obvious what the problem is. Our manager does nothing to combat the extreme lethargy and apathy that has plagued them from day 1 this year. Forget Koch and Konerko, when the entire team is batting horribly, leaving way too many on base, and losing series to Detroit and Tampa Bay without any fire the next day or will to pick themselves back up, then that DOES fall on the manager, and they Sox failure this season should, as well. They always say the coach shouldn't be fired, he's not striking out, etc..., but it this case, Manuel has struck out for all of us. He needs to go.

Welcome Aboard! :D:

(Though technically that was your 3rd post...)

chisox56
07-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Why can't manuel stick with a decision. He says he is going to bench konerko. He benches him for one game. He says frank will play first base now. When is the last time frank played first. He needs to keep a lineup the same instead of always changing it. In 2000 their lineup was pretty much set always the same. durham, valentin, thomas, ordonez, pk, lee, perry, singleton, johnson or whoever else played catcher. It worked great, but ever since 2001 manuel changes the lineup almost every single game. He needs to be replaced.

WHarris13
07-09-2003, 10:54 PM
:firejerry Thats all I have to say.

Jerko
07-10-2003, 12:42 AM
The ax for Manuel, huh? I bet it's a dull ax.

DonkeyKongerko
07-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Manuel is on his 2nd pitching coach, his 3rd hitting coach and i think the second set of base coaches. He has been manager all of what, 5 seasons??

How long does it take for any of the bigwigs of this organization to hold someone other than BASE COACHES responsible for something around here. I mean when is the last time you heard about a new hitting coach coming in and totally turning around a team's season?