PDA

View Full Version : My 1.5 day of fame

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Did anyone catch my mega-plug for WSI on the post game? How did I sound. Be brutally honest.

FJA
07-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Did anyone catch my mega-plug for WSI on the post game? How did I sound. Be brutally honest.

Sounded good Bucktown ... loved the plug from both you and then Wills.

chisoxt
07-09-2003, 09:14 PM
You sounded fine! The game still sucked, though.

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 09:16 PM
When he asked me what I would do if I were Manuel I wanted to say "I would get them all laid."

Jjav829
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
I've been listening to J.Hood. What did you say? Fill those of us who didn't hear you in on what you and Wills said.

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I've been listening to J.Hood. What did you say? Fill those of us who didn't hear you in on what you and Wills said.
I called to call for Manuel's head but the first caller beat me to it and Wills basically said don't go there. So I tried to take a softer approach and said that it is time for him to go - even if it is not his fault.

Best of all - I got a Taco Bell savings card. Woohoo! Things aren't so bleak afterall

-Will

Jjav829
07-09-2003, 09:38 PM
I called to call for Manuel's head but the first caller beat me to it and Wills basically said don't go there. So I tried to take a softer approach and said that it is time for him to go - even if it is not his fault.

Best of all - I got a Taco Bell savings card. Woohoo! Things aren't so bleak afterall

-Will

Yeah, but what was your plug for WSI and what did Wills say in response?

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yeah, but what was your plug for WSI and what did Wills say in response? I just slipped a reference saying I had been sticking up for Manuel on WSI. Then at the end of the call Wills said thanks for the plug for WSI and he recommended the site to Sox fans and mentioned Hal Vickery often has something "interesting" on the site. It was a major WSI plug.

duke of dorwood
07-09-2003, 10:17 PM
It was a nice recommendation for the site by Mr Sensitivity. Well deserved good words for the guys that maintain the site.

TornLabrum
07-09-2003, 11:22 PM
I just slipped a reference saying I had been sticking up for Manuel on WSI. Then at the end of the call Wills said thanks for the plug for WSI and he recommended the site to Sox fans and mentioned Hal Vickery often has something "interesting" on the site. It was a major WSI plug.

So, did Dave use quotes around "interesting"? :D:

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
So, did Dave use quotes around "interesting"? :D:
It was clear to me that he was saying that he like Hal's passion and love for the Sox but he doesn't usually have the same perspecitive.

TornLabrum
07-10-2003, 12:27 AM
It was clear to me that he was saying that he like Hal's passion and love for the Sox but he doesn't usually have the same perspecitive.

Then I'll really have to give him a hard time at next Friday's luncheon!

Paulwny
07-10-2003, 05:57 AM
I just slipped a reference saying I had been sticking up for Manuel on WSI. Then at the end of the call Wills said thanks for the plug for WSI and he recommended the site to Sox fans and mentioned Hal Vickery often has something "interesting" on the site. It was a major WSI plug.

I rarely listen to Wills' program due to my time zone, EST, but yesterday I did.
I was really surprised that after talking with you, Wills gave this site a major "thumbs up" for all white sox fans.

WillieHarris12
07-10-2003, 12:00 PM

-Will

Heh I called in for the pregame a couple days ago and got the Taco Bell card too.

ewokpelts
07-10-2003, 12:29 PM
What of this "luncheon?" Speak, or I'll be force-fed the cubbie kool-aid! Please! Before it's too late!

hose
07-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Did anyone catch my mega-plug for WSI on the post game? How did I sound. Be brutally honest. \

I heard you after the game on Wills show.

Composed, eloquent, and baseball knowledgeable...... :cool:

Daver
07-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
What of this "luncheon?" Speak, or I'll be force-fed the cubbie kool-aid! Please! Before it's too late!

Here you go. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21798)