PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 09:34 PM
In case this hasn't been touched on, does anyone think it's possible that Frank was left off the AS team because MLB wants to stick it to Jerry Reinsdorf?

Daver
07-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
In case this hasn't been touched on, does anyone think it's possible that Frank was left off the AS team because MLB wants to stick it to Jerry Reinsdorf?

Jerry Reinsdorf and Bud Selig are close friends.

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by daver
Jerry Reinsdorf and Bud Selig are close friends.

I didn't know Reinsdorf had any friends, except for Jerry Krause, that is.

Viva Magglio
07-09-2003, 09:43 PM
I wonder if Frank campaigned too much. That's still not an excuse for Scioscia's stupid pick of Giambi, however.

hose
07-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

more like reinsy stickin it to Frank

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I wonder if Frank campaigned too much. That's still not an excuse for Scioscia's stupid pick of Giambi, however.

I could see people being upset with Frank because he admitted that he voted for himself, but I don't see why that's so wrong. People vote for themselves all the time. I served on student council for years in junior high and high school. I always voted for myself when elections were held. How is this situation different?

chosk8
07-09-2003, 10:24 PM
If MLB wanted to stick it to Reinsdorf, wouldn't they have put Frank in the All-Star Game? I believe Frank has a bonus of something like $100,000 if he makes the ASG. I understand $100,000 isn't a whole lot to guys like them, but it still would have cost Reisdorf.
I believe the right guy was voted in, but I believe Sciosca was wrong in picking Giambi over Frank. Although lately, Frank has been anything but an All-Star.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Thomas didn't make the team because the Yankees bitched and moaned all last week because they only had three starters on the team and no pitchers.

Also the bottom line is that Fox wants viewers on the East Coast watching and that doesn't mean loading up the teams with Phillies, Orioles and Marlins.

Giambi is a left handed hitter and may be needed later in the game. Thomas is a righty.

Finally don't overlook the fact that because of the goofy schedule Scioscia has NOT seen Thomas in person this year. Anaheim hasn't played the Sox yet. The Yankees HAVE played the Angels.

and last but not least it's because we are the White Sox, haven't won squat in decades and nobody outside of Chicago gives a damn.

Lip