PDA

View Full Version : Selling right after buying?

Jurr
07-09-2003, 09:03 PM
I think it's pretty disgusting and probably unprecedented that a team goes into buy mode because of a promising turn, then immediately has to go into sell mode because the team falls off the map. I'm the ultimate optimist (one of the few on this board), but this team is in trouble, and we're facing a rebuilding project. AGAIN. Honestly. If this team gets over 7 games under KC, we're through. Reindsdorf will hunt heads, and things will get nasty. Bartolo will be gone, Gordon will be gone, Frank may be gone.
I had a worry that this may happen when I saw the guys hitting so many homers and not putting normal rallies together. That approach usually leads to a slump, and that's what we're seeing. When you're dealing with a team as mental as this one, that slump can go a way. We've seen it. I love this team, but I'm worried about them. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

MHOUSE
07-10-2003, 12:49 AM
See Montreal Expos 2002. Traded for Colon and Vaughn? Then slumped and unloaded Vaughn and traded Colon in the offseason. If we're out of it by July 30 then everyone goes IMO.