PDA

View Full Version : Post 32nd Man Thoughts

Bucktown
07-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Apparently there is a lot of buzzing at the MLB forums regarding the little voting shortcut. A lot of people are throwing around the word "cheater." I have to laugh at that since the only rule regarding All-Star voting is that there are NO RULES. Has anyone ever seen someone at the ball game with 200 cards?

However, a lot of people complained to MLB and they did change their voting page mid-vote to close that shortcut.

What have I learned from this? Nothing.

Daver
07-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown

But was it a valuable nothing?

:)

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Apparently there is a lot of buzzing at the MLB forums regarding the little voting shortcut. A lot of people are throwing around the word "cheater." I have to laugh at that since the only rule regarding All-Star voting is that there are NO RULES. Has anyone ever seen someone at the ball game with 200 cards?

However, a lot of people complained to MLB and they did change their voting page mid-vote to close that shortcut.

Oh come on, we cheated and yet they were still in the lead? Me thinks me smells a rat. They were just more discreet.

I take some responsibility. I should have unstuck the "shortcut" thread when Juggernaut (Seargent Juggernaut in lieu of his battlefield promotion these past few battles :D: ) said it was no longer working. People kept using it. I don't know how much he lost by, but I won't be surprised if those lost votes are going to hurt us (no pun intended).

I learned that the only member of the Sox themselves who was willing to openly campaign for Frank was Frank himself. Where were Reinsy and Kenny. Someone should be on the horn to the Trib and Times to complain about the Giambi slection at the least. It is a sham that given a final chance to make it right, MLB still failed. The fact is Frank deserves to be playing in this game. But, maybe it just makes it easier for the top brass to not pick up the option at the end of the year. Maybe this is what they truly want...

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
But, maybe it just makes it easier for the top brass to not pick up the option at the end of the year. Maybe this is what they truly want...

If that's what they want, then I'm now going to talk about what I want. I want nothing to do with Jerry Reinsdorf if Frank Thomas leaves after this season. If Frank is wearing another uniform next year, I will not spend any money on the Chicago White Sox until Reinsdorf sells, period. There is no excuse for this crap. None. If JR wants the fans to come to games, then he needs to get off his ass and support his players. He's an ass, and he has proven yet again with this situation.

Thanks for nothing, Mr. Chairman.

Daver
07-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I want nothing to do with Jerry Reinsdorf if Frank Thomas leaves after this season. If Frank is wearing another uniform next year, I will not spend any money on the Chicago White Sox until Reinsdorf sells, period.

:cleo

Yah Frank,you will look just fine in Dodger Blue..........

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by daver
:cleo

Yah Frank,you will look just fine in Dodger Blue..........

Hey, Miss Cleo, take this next sentence personally... **** you!

:D:

MarqSox
07-10-2003, 12:09 AM
For what it's worth, here's Frank's quote about coming up short in the voting:

Iím just happy it went down to that and I had a chance. It was good to have fan support, whoever stuffed the boxes. Iím happy to see my name in there, being close.