PDA

View Full Version : Typical Bull Crap (When Will We Learn)?

hold2dibber
07-09-2003, 06:35 PM
On the 4th of July, I was telling all my Sox fan friends how great the prior 2 weeks had been for Sox fans. The team had taken 9 of 12 from the Cubs and Twins, winning every series. They had trimmed the lead to 3.5 games. They had made two significant roster upgrades. The All Star game was coming to Comiskey. Attendance was up. All was good, and the future looked bright.

When will I learn?

As a Sox fan, the future is never bright.

The Sox promptly drop 2 of 3 from the pathetic D-Rays. They drop the first game against the even more pathetic Tigers, and are now down 2-1 in the 2nd game. Then, Frank gets screwed over by the players in the voting for the "back up DH" in All Star voting. Then he loses to Varitek in the final man voting. Then Scioscia inexplicable picks Jason friggin' Giambi over Frank to take Sweeney's spot, even though Frank is clearly having a superior year and even though the game is in Frank's home park. I swear, I now have a hatred for that jag off that is second to no one in baseball. He now ranks ahead of Sosa, Pierzinski, Hunter, Higginson and assorted other baseball a**holes as the no. 1 son of a bitch in the game.

In the matter of 5 days, everything has gone from rosy, to down right disasterous. But I guess I should be used to that by now.