PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Wednesday, 7/9 Vs. Tigers


JRIG
07-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Tonight's Lineup


Alomar, 2B
Lee, LF
Thomas, 1B
Everett, CF
Ordonez, RF
Daubach, DH
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Alomar, C

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Use this thread for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

Go Sox!

valposoxfan
07-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Finally a decent looking lineup... Would rather see Valentin hitting second...

WillieHarris12
07-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Finally a decent looking lineup... Would rather see Valentin hitting second...

:jerry

"Never hurts to tinker a bit when we play sub .500 teams!"

WhiteSoxWinner
07-09-2003, 06:10 PM
You can out it on the BOARD...Yes!!!

El Cabello!!!! Booyah!

valposoxfan
07-09-2003, 06:10 PM
I retract my previous statement about having Valentin hit second...HR by Caballo!!

1951Campbell
07-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Please, no CorpseBall when I turn on BBTN after work...

valposoxfan
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Crede is NOT good. Terrible long swing. He is a total rally killer. Getting real sick of it here.

whitesoxwilkes
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Once again, bases loaded, fail to score...coulda had a big inning.

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Tonight's Lineup


Alomar, 2B
Lee, LF
Thomas, 1B
Everett, CF
Ordonez, RF
Daubach, DH
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Alomar, C

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

valposoxfan
07-09-2003, 06:24 PM
A balk???? This crew SUCKS!!! I am in a TERRIBLE mood right now. Could this get any worse!!!!! OH YEAH IT CAN! 1-1 Tie. Somebody help me. I'm about to start throwing things all over the damn place. :angry: :angry:

balboner
07-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Bartolo Colon is a horrible fit for the Sox. His lazy attitude is even more apparent on this team of players that don't give a damn.

balboner
07-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Tigers would have never scored in the first if Valentin would have caught a pretty easy over the shoulder pop fly. Instead of running hard to the spot, he took his time and dropped it. Wow, have only seen that happen like 5 times this year already!

valposoxfan
07-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Frank is struggling again...Does he have a hit since his HR against the Twins?

Daver
07-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Frank is struggling again...Does he have a hit since his HR against the Twins?

He had two doubles Sunday vs. the Devil Dogs.

balboner
07-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Frank appears to be refusing to walk at the plate. There have been numerous times where he had 3 balls on him in the last week and he ended up swinging away. He's been critical in the paper about his numbers being effected due to him walking so much. Looks like he's trying to be selfish now and not help the overall team.

1951Campbell
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Ah, it's like those Cubs & Twins series never happened.

compy75
07-09-2003, 07:07 PM
It's surprising no one has observed this but:

Frank has DHed 4 of the last 5 games
In the games DHed up to his 2nd AB today, he is 0-13

The one game he didn't DH he went 2-4

I might also add he hasn't gotten a hit since he got snubbed before Sunday's game.

SoxxoS
07-09-2003, 07:08 PM
:jerry

Hi. I am a moron.

Jerko
07-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by compy75
It's surprising no one has observed this but:

Frank has DHed 4 of the last 5 games
In the games DHed up to his 2nd AB today, he is 0-13

The one game he didn't DH he went 2-4

I might also add he hasn't gotten a hit since he got snubbed before Sunday's game.


I was just going to bring that up! Well, now that we know Frank has a rest coming maybe he can play first until the All Star break?

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I was just going to bring that up! Well, now that we know Frank has a rest coming maybe he can play first until the All Star break?

I figure we'll be lucky to see him twice these last 4 games. He'll probably get tomorrow off if I know Jerry and then he won't play both halves of the DH.

balboner
07-09-2003, 07:24 PM
What a surprise, Frank swings at a bad pitch with 3 balls and flys out. It's pathetic how many players on the Sox swing for the fences in every situation. SCREW THIS TEAM, FIRE JERRY MANUEL!

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by balboner
What a surprise, Frank swings at a bad pitch with 3 balls and flys out. It's pathetic how many players on the Sox swing for the fences in every situation. SCREW THIS TEAM, FIRE JERRY MANUEL!

Frank has been "homer-happy" ever since the Minnesota game. He needs to get back to being patient at the plate again.

Jerko
07-09-2003, 07:28 PM
The Tigers have made 3 errors in the first 4 innings and we have 1 run.

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
The Tigers have made 3 errors in the first 4 innings and we have 1 run.

:jerry

"This lineup doesn't work. I need to make a few more changes for tomorrow's game."

kittle42
07-09-2003, 07:31 PM
I can't take this anymore. This game has sucked. But who really can get hits off the great Jeremy Bonderman? I feel like such a fool for going on last week with a few friends about how the playoffs were a lock, etc.

Maybe there are some Twins fans saying the same thing right now.

Daver
07-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I can't take this anymore. This game has sucked. But who really can get hits off the great Jeremy Bonderman? I feel like such a fool for going on last week with a few friends about how the playoffs were a lock, etc.

Maybe there are some Twins fans saying the same thing right now.


Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

balboner
07-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Only KW would go out and acquire a horrible defense outfielder in Everett when defense has been one of our worst attributes all year. That pop up that Morris hit last inning was quite pathetic.

kittle42
07-09-2003, 07:37 PM
It really doesn't matter what you do on defense or how many runs you give up when you have a grand total of 2 runs against the let's all lose 20 games pitching staff in two games.

ndgt10
07-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Is it just me, or does Everett ground out to the right side every time he is up?

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
Is it just me, or does Everett ground out to the right side every time he is up?

This entire team is obsessed with pulling the ball. They have forgotten that the whole field is availible for base hits.

balboner
07-09-2003, 07:49 PM
The reason the Tigers are getting a lot of bloop hits is because they aren't swinging for the fences like every Sox player. It's time to trade Colon for some prospects in order to make up for the ones we lost in the trades.

kittle42
07-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Runner on second with nobody out? We can't score 'em, because we're the White Sox!

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Runner on second with nobody out? We can't score 'em, because we're the White Sox!

Who screwed up this time?

Daver
07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by balboner
It's time to trade Colon for some prospects in order to make up for the ones we lost in the trades.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but the only player that was lost so far that had MLB aspirations was Royce Ring,so what are you getting at?

Jurr
07-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Two runs in the 9th? I think not!!!! And the White Sox have now lost 4 of 5 to the D Rays& Tigers. HOw 'bout it??!?!?!?!

DonkeyKongerko
07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah swing for the fences at Comerica guys. They're only like 350 feet away to left.

Then again I don't think anyone even hit one to the track to day. I may be wrong.

SoxxoS
07-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Not the end of the world...

After that highly emotional series with the Twins and Cubs, we had to come back to earth again. We shouldn't, but it was going to happen. Salvage this series and lets get on a roll until the all star break.

chisoxt
07-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Hate to say it, but Cleveland is hot and that is not a place where we play well. We will be lucky to split that series, with Danny Wright and Undecided pitching for us.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Eight runs in the four losses total to the worst teams in baseball.

Billy Koch's blow up set the tone for this road trip.

Cleveland is playing well right now so forget about even going .500 this trip. Could be 6 1/2 out by the end of the evening.

Leave the bases loades, get the benefit of three errors in the first four innings and can only score one run!

I came close I said Bonderman would shut us out...he gave us three hits.

This team blows period! Not heart, no guts.

Get set for another fire sale in two weeks and this time it'll be deserved.

Lip

SoxxoS
07-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Right now, I'd rather see Danny Wright than Colon out there. The last time we won a game when Colon pitched was 5 weeks ago

How much money will he want at the end of the year? 6-8 pitchers with a 4.14 ERA aren't in that high of demand.