PDA

View Full Version : Varitek and Boo's?


kevingrt
07-09-2003, 06:22 PM
How much booing should we give this guy?

oheeoh...magglio
07-09-2003, 06:25 PM
i will boo varitek almost as much as i will ne cubs and yankees guys...

FarmerAndy
07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
How much booing should we give this guy?

None.

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
i will boo varitek almost as much as i will ne cubs and yankees guys...

When Varitek is introduced, everyone should start chanting, "We want Frank!"

If Gene Honda really wanted to send a message, he could accidentally start to introduce Frank, but then introduce Varitek. Of course, that would probably get him fired.

WhiteSox = Life
07-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
When Varitek is introduced, everyone should start chanting, "We want Frank!"

If Gene Honda really wanted to send a message, he could accidentally start to introduce Frank, but then introduce Varitek. Of course, that would probably get him fired.

It'd also send him down the path for White Sox history.

If he were to do that, he'd be remembered for a long time.

:smile:

oheeoh...magglio
07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
When Varitek is introduced, everyone should start chanting, "We want Frank!"

If Gene Honda really wanted to send a message, he could accidentally start to introduce Frank, but then introduce Varitek. Of course, that would probably get him fired.

if honda does that, he surpasses ray clay as the greatest pa guy in chicago history...

npdempse
07-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
None.

Heck yes; it would be a completely no-class thing to do.
Varitek's having a fine year, and the other Sox simply have a larger market backing their players. Frank didn't make it fair & square. Move on and cheer louder for Loaiza.

hold2dibber
07-09-2003, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't boo Varitek - he got screwed over too when Ramon Hernandez of the A's was selected over him by the players' vote. Varitek clearly belongs to be in the game over Hernandez. And Frank got screwed over when the players voted in Everett instead of Frank as the back-up DH. People have been saying that the players got virtually everything right, but the 2 things they screwed up (Hernandez and Everett) are the two things that killed Frank's chances.

Hopefully Frank gets named as the replacement for Sweeney - it would suck to have the only 2 White Sox at our home ball park be two guys who, combined, have less than 1 year of Pale Hose service time.

pudge
07-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber


Hopefully Frank gets named as the replacement for Sweeney - it would suck to have the only 2 White Sox at our home ball park be two guys who, combined, have less than 1 year of Pale Hose service time.

Oops, Giambi is the replacement - I'd boo the hell out of just about everyone for Frank's absence. Boo the entire AL team. DEFINITLY boo Giambi. It's not Giambi's fault, but send the message to MLB.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Boo Scioscia. This was his decision to make. It makes no sense.

Giambi and Varitek did nothing to deserve boos. Scioscia on the other hand...

34rancher
07-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Oops, Giambi is the replacement - I'd boo the hell out of just about everyone for Frank's absence. Boo the entire AL team. DEFINITLY boo Giambi. It's not Giambi's fault, but send the message to MLB.
The only way MLB would get the message is if we did to them the same thing we have been doing since the strike. I say we BOYCOTT the Game!!

To hell with MLB.

Hey, maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Frank will spend the three days with Walt Hriniank, or even better, pay Walt to come see Paulie.


I really am living in a dream world aren't I??

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
The only way MLB would get the message is if we did to them the same thing we have been doing since the strike. I say we BOYCOTT the Game!!

To hell with MLB.

Hey, maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Frank will spend the three days with Walt Hriniank, or even better, pay Walt to come see Paulie.


I really am living in a dream world aren't I??

If you are going to boycott, can I have your tickets? :D:

Jerko
07-09-2003, 07:52 PM
I knew there was no way Giambi was going to be left out since no Yankee pitcher or reserve made it. Also, just re-name the 32nd player vote the Red Sox award.

Daver
07-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Maybe Frank will spend the three days with Walt Hriniank, or even better, pay Walt to come see Paulie.




Please do not let Walt anywhere near Paul,you think he is bad now?

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by daver
Please do not let Walt anywhere near Paul,you think he is bad now?

Agreed. Walt's hitting style is not for everyone. In fact, Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura are the only people I can think of who have been successful using it. Everyone else sucked with it, especially this person...

:shammy

Daver
07-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Agreed. Walt's hitting style is not for everyone. In fact, Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura are the only people I can think of who have been successful using it.


:harold


Ahem,remember me,I used to wear shirt number 3.............

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by daver
:harold


Ahem,remember me,I used to wear shirt number 3.............

I forgot about him, but that's not surprising. The Hall of Fame probably has, too. Damn them.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Agreed. Walt's hitting style is not for everyone. In fact, Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura are the only people I can think of who have been successful using it. Everyone else sucked with it, especially this person...

:shammy

Frank isn't exactly a Hrniak disciple anymore. He is more of a turn and burn hitter. Magglio hits best when he is hitting in a Hrniak/Lau style. That single in the first was pure early Frank.

Jjav829
07-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
How much booing should we give this guy?

About as much booing as is given to Esteban Loaiza. Can someone please remind me what Jason Varitek did wrong here? Did he go online and cast those 3,000,000+ votes for himself? The guy is having one hell of a year for a catcher. He deserves to be an all star. Same for Giambi. He should be booed for having himself a good year.

Daver
07-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I forgot about him, but that's not surprising. The Hall of Fame probably has, too. Damn them.


Yeah Harold will finally have a first,he will be the first player with more than 1500 RBI's to NOT make the HOF.

Jjav829
07-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Oops, Giambi is the replacement - I'd boo the hell out of just about everyone for Frank's absence. Boo the entire AL team. DEFINITLY boo Giambi. It's not Giambi's fault, but send the message to MLB.

Send what message? That if they don't put in the players that the hometown fans feel should be in, the hometown fans will throw a hissy fit on national tv? Some message.

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yeah Harold will finally have a first,he will be the first player with more than 1500 RBI's to NOT make the HOF.

For as long as I have followed baseball, there has always been a player whom I have thought of whenever I heard a particular team name mentioned. Before Frank Thomas came along, the player I thought when I heard the name "Chicago White Sox" was Harold Baines, and I'm not alone on that.

Harold was an excellent outfielder on the South Side for many years. In some ways, he was almost like the way Magglio is now. He posted big numbers, but he kept to himself and tried to let his bat do the talking. Unfortunately, this behavior didn't endear him to baseball writers or anyone associated with marketing the game. Harold's name has, tragically, been forgotten.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
For as long as I have followed baseball, there has always been a player whom I have thought of whenever I heard a particular team name mentioned. Before Frank Thomas came along, the player I thought when I heard the name "Chicago White Sox" was Harold Baines, and I'm not alone on that.

Harold was an excellent outfielder on the South Side for many years. In some ways, he was almost like the way Magglio is now. He posted big numbers, but he kept to himself and tried to let his bat do the talking. Unfortunately, this behavior didn't endear him to baseball writers or anyone associated with marketing the game. Harold's name has, tragically, been forgotten.

He was my favorite before Frank. Loved those CF homeruns that just seemed to keep going.

xil357
07-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
When Varitek is introduced, everyone should start chanting, "We want Frank!"

If Gene Honda really wanted to send a message, he could accidentally start to introduce Frank, but then introduce Varitek. Of course, that would probably get him fired.

I would pay cash money to take care of Gene Honda for the rest of his life if he got fired for something like this. Can we get this funded?