PDA

View Full Version : My humble (and probably stupid) opinion

doublem23
08-23-2001, 12:00 AM
In the whole scheme of things, tomorrow's game is huge.

Yes, this was a big win and a big hold.

But it seems that after every win that SHOULD propel this team to a winning streak, they come out flat and once again, get their a$$e3 handed to them on a platter. If they come out, and just kick the Royals (now that they are down), I think they may be able to rattle off a couple of wins.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-23-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
In the whole scheme of things, tomorrow's game is huge.

Yes, this was a big win and a big hold.

But it seems that after every win that SHOULD propel this team to a winning streak, they come out flat and once again, get their a$$e3 handed to them on a platter. If they come out, and just kick the Royals (now that they are down), I think they may be able to rattle off a couple of wins.

Yeah, DoubleM! The rest of us are right behind you!!!

(Pssst... be careful guys. Don't get too close.)

:)

doublem23
08-23-2001, 12:43 AM
Have you ever seen that scene from "Saving Private Ryan" when the Allies are landing on Normandy, and they open the door for those boats, and like, everyone gets shot within seconds? Yeah, that's me.

I believe my optimism is because I'm far too young to be scarred by YEARS of not just failure, but painful failure.

God damn, PHG! You take a quick leave of absence, and BANG! You just tear me apart! Where's JM? Someone else give him some bait!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-23-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Where's JM? Someone else give him some bait!

He built up such a lead over you for total posts, he figures he has room to become complacent again.

Jerry_Manuel
08-23-2001, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He built up such a lead over you for total posts, he figures he has room to become complacent again.

Geez PHG when you say it like that, it makes me sound so arrogant.